Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : When A Breeding Goes Right
 Boodie Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/17/2019 11:10:02 AM reply with quote send message to Boodie Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

- Hello guys,
Just had to brag/reflect on the feeling of when a breeding goes in your favor,At least one pup comes out exactly how you wanted it to be, and the results are astounding. Especially from a stud from which you are very unsure of at the beginning of his campaign.
Took a short hiatus from the game a few weeks ago to redirect some things in my life and now that I'm back,felt like I was really lagging. This definitely was a very thrilling way to come back and rejoin the fun. laugh :D.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16815201

-Jonathan

Anyone else with similar stories.?

-----
Last edited by Boodie Kennels on 4/17/2019 11:13:28 AM
 Icecapade
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2019 11:32:54 AM reply with quote send message to Icecapade Object to Post

Not sure if this would qualify as a similar story, but I did get an amazing bitch from a breeding that I didn't expect much from other than the norm stats...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16773101

She is the first 99.0 Kelpie in the entire breed, with an amazing Forequarter (9.9)...And she is giving her sire a run for the money in the shows.

I have tried a couple of repeat breedings hoping to capture those stats again, but wound up FHing the other litters.

She is definitely one of a kind, and I am very pleased with her!

happy :) happy :) happy :)
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/17/2019 12:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

It's so nice when that happens. I had a mediocre litter and was FHing them quickly when one caught my eye just in time. That pup, now finished, is still one of the best dogs in my kennel.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2019 3:38:01 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Congrats! I think ClwdCockers recently had a pretty amazing pup born too. I've been the exact opposite in luck.
I've come to realize that my best dogs come from mediocre parents. When I breed two of my highest SOP dogs together, I find that their litters suck.
I recently bred two of my best bitches with some awesome dogs, all parents were 98.20-98.25 SOP. All their pups were in the 96 SOP range. Both litters were the second litter for the bitches. Out of all the puppies from those two bitches, not a single pup was even close to passable quality for me.
 Boodie Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/17/2019 7:14:13 PM reply with quote send message to Boodie Kennels Object to Post

Lol glad to know I'm not feeling alone.. it makes the game just that more interesting as I've had this happen before, gotten the results I wanted but the pup not do so well in the ring. Here's to prosperity for our true honors. Lol

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.