.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Looking for a breed
 Ruan
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/18/2019 12:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post   

Hi everyone! happy :)

I had an account here like... a million years ago, and was recently inspired to come back to the game. I'll be upgrading my nice shiny new account next week.

And in the mean time, I need some ideas for a breed to get into. I'm most interested in a less popular breed that needs some help, rather than a popular one. So a breed with lower SOPs and not many active players would be ideal. I still have my starter dogs available, too, should the breed need some new blood and/or has lost colours. If the breed has lots of colour/coat varieties, that would be a big bonus, but it's not essential.

Thanks!
 nyan_jai
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2019 2:29:37 PM reply with quote send message to nyan_jai Object to Post

If you want a breed with lots of colours, canaan dogs might be up your street happy :)
More than happy to help you if I can happy :)
 Relliotts
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2019 3:47:15 PM reply with quote send message to Relliotts Object to Post

Shibas only have a few folks breeding and showing, and I'm actively trying to get white/cream dogs back in the game as there are very few of them. Might be a good breed to check out.
 Dances And Prances
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2019 9:51:46 AM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post

Dachshunds are around 97, have 3 coat lengths, and tons of colors!!! They are a super fun breed to show with occasional BISs and lots to work on with colors/coat types. Let me know if you need any broods or even show ready dogs to play with! Brindle is a color that I think would need to come from starters.. I am sure there are others... I am getting close with longhair and Black and Tan. I could easily have five kennels of this breed there is so much to work on!
 Karen RR
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2019 1:55:55 PM reply with quote send message to Karen RR Object to Post

Belgian Laekenois Has only two breeders right now. Our sop's are in the mid 97's, we have three colors two coat types and Picardy pics. I'll help all I can.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2019 7:26:21 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What about about Chihuahua? Or even Beauceron?

-----
Last edited by Emily.Rose on 4/20/2019 12:02:39 PM
 speedy2
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2019 7:15:40 PM reply with quote send message to speedy2 Object to Post

Hi
I seem to be the only person left in Wirehaired Pointing Griffons. They are just hitting 95 SOP. They have 6 colours and I'm breeding all of them.
Very happy to help you get set up with dogs or bitches.
 Montiana
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2019 2:01:55 AM reply with quote send message to Montiana Object to Post

Chow Chows could use more breeders. Im the only active breeder atm. Id be happy to set you up if your interested.
 Dogs of Show
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2019 2:21:02 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Show Object to Post

Consider Lhasa apso, only 1 or 2 active people, could also do with some new.blood lines and I believe some colours missing
 Ups N Downs Show Dogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2019 11:35:50 AM reply with quote send message to Ups N Downs Show Dogs Object to Post

My other account I have Elkhounds. I think I might be the only one left!!
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2019 12:05:07 PM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone. All those breeds look like fun. For now I'm going with Chows, but if I decide to add a second breed, I shall come back to your other suggestions.

Thanks! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.