Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : what shows shud i participate in
 RoyalAkita
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2019 5:20:00 AM reply with quote send message to RoyalAkita Object to Post   

hi am new to showdog i have 5 dogs and i put all 5 in every show of the day . but i only get results from one show what im i doing wrong
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2019 5:29:15 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Dogs can only do one show a day, for all breed. If you do an all breed, a breed specialty and obedience they can do three but obedience requires different training.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2019 5:39:37 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Dogs can only do one show a day, for all breed. If you do an all breed, a breed specialty and obedience they can do three but obedience requires different training.
 RoyalAkita
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2019 5:40:15 AM reply with quote send message to RoyalAkita Object to Post

thanks for the info.so it would be better for me to put them in one all breed show a day.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2019 7:32:53 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Yep, have a read of the judges info as well, because some have preferences so entering bitches in a comp judged by someone who prefers dogs isn't the best happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2019 12:25:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

And some judges like to see the owners at the other end of the lead while others will reward certain handlers. Check the judges profile.

If you are picking handlers, pick the one from the right hand list that has the lowest number - 1 is first ranked (relates to handler skill).

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.