Search

.com Forum · Cane Corso

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Need food help
 Bearonwolf
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/3/2019 2:31:04 PM reply with quote send message to Bearonwolf Object to Post   

What is the best food to bring general condition up for 10+ day olds? I keep switching around and cant tell
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2019 6:01:35 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

The best is a custom ration.
Medicines/Vaccines - Low
Protein - High
Fat - High
Vitamin E - High
Make sure you make it a puppy ration and then make an adult one with the same ration. When the puppies are 14 days old, switch to adult.

Custom rations are expensive. If you don't want to do that, I use "Super Duper", but I think it is no different than "Pet House" really. I only use "Super Duper" on the adults, so I am not sure how fast it conditions pups. On the custom ration, my cane corso pups are either at or close to 20.0 condition by 14 days old.
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2019 10:53:34 AM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

I use the 1777 formula Emily.Rose described when I'm sessioning a dog for the show ring, but if I just plan on keeping a bitch as a brood I will put her on 1171 (so fat is at the max) which will get only the condition to 20 really quickly before switching to Pet House food which will maintain it.

Replies in this thread : 2

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.