Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Puppy Packs
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/5/2019 8:01:31 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

We don't breed our dogs all too often but I am planning a litter for next year around September (give or take a month or so). My romantic partner always says that I put too much thought into the puppy packs and get too much.
My question is, what do or did others get for your puppy packs?

I normally get some enzymatic floor cleaner (I've been using Rocco and Roxie because it is only one of two that I've found to work), one of those Snuggle Puppies (I used to get black, but they no longer sell black) and then a 20lbs bag of food. A teething toy is a must I think but I've been thinking of just skipping that and getting one of those lifetime guarantee toys if the company ever gets back with me. I also send home a 10 generation pedigree. If the family has a name picked out, I will embroider them a collar to go home with.

-----
Last edited by Emily.Rose on 8/5/2019 8:09:18 PM
 Azawakh Inc.
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2019 8:26:24 PM reply with quote send message to Azawakh Inc. Object to Post

posted by Emily.Rose
We don't breed our dogs all too often but I am planning a litter for next year around September (give or take a month or so). My romantic partner always says that I put too much thought into the puppy packs and get too much.
My question is, what do or did others get for your puppy packs?

I normally get some enzymatic floor cleaner (I've been using Rocco and Roxie because it is only one of two that I've found to work), one of those Snuggle Puppies (I used to get black, but they no longer sell black) and then a 20lbs bag of food. A teething toy is a must I think but I've been thinking of just skipping that and getting one of those lifetime guarantee toys if the company ever gets back with me. I also send home a 10 generation pedigree. If the family has a name picked out, I will embroider them a collar to go home with.

-----
Last edited by Emily.Rose on 8/5/2019 8:09:18 PM

Although I have not breed a RL litter, from what I have researched in the past, here are a few suggestions for your Puppy Pack:
A small package of Puppy Pee Pads
Nyla-Bone for teething issues
Small bag Puppy food- 5 to 10 pounds depending on breed
6-8 generation Pedigree
Shot Vet records

Maybe this will give you some ideas?
AI
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2019 10:17:26 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

That is pretty much what I already do. I guess, since I've started researching for this next litter, I've just become curious what others include.
I've been looking to switch up the teething toy though. I've done the puppy Kongs before, but another breeder friend cautioned against it due to owners not understanding how to watch their pets with it. Apparently pieces were coming off of the softer puppy ones and choking dogs in the past (especially with people keeping them past the puppy teething stage and letting older dogs play with it).
I've tried to contact two of those "lifetime guarantee" toy companies to see what they recommend and do some research, but so far their customer service is nonexistent. Seems silly to give them business when they can not contact me back. I wouldn't want to see how hard it is to do the return if they cant even answer a few questions.
I just find it neat to see what some people see as nice to send along with their puppies.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing