Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Adding to the kennel limit
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/27/2019 9:51:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have brought this up privately with other users but what I could really use is an increase in the population allowance - say an increase from 30 to say 50.

I feel this could be justified by the fact that we are a smaller group than we used to be and I believe there are quite a number of other folks with the same dilemma - too many breeds in need and too few spaces.

I would not view the idea of increased space as a perk but as an incentive to stay involved. It would be just a reaction to a change in the reality of the game. Just as the financial improvements (increased sessions and login bonus) have boosted participation, which relates to increased incentive to continue playing versus quitting, this change might just make the game a little more attractive.

No, I have not purchased the 5 extra slots - 5 would have negligible impact on solving the problem. The extra 5 slots also contributes to an uneven playing field (one of the fundamental issues with all the "cheating" allegations) though a minor nitpicking issue perhaps.

As for the impact on ShowDog's bottom line, I can't believe that an extra one-time $5 makes that much difference. Subscription fees on the other hand have not changed since the game started. I would accept a reasonable monthly cost increase if Jeff needs to see a increase in revenue. A 10% increase would mean an additional 50 cent to the single monthly sub, and $2.00 a month for a Family. Using the "908 Monthly Active Kennels" as an 'as we speak' estimate this means additional revenue of $454 every month. Twenty percent would add $0.99 to each single sub and $898.92 to the monthly bottom line.

Adding a significant number of spaces would increase the game play value sufficiently, in my view to justify paying a bit more, considering that I spend a good deal of time not able to do anything but session a few slow learners, sell leftover sessions, and add shows.

The work to implement this change I suspect would be fairly insignificant. Maybe he could also upload the additional available pictures too.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 10/27/2019 9:58:30 PM
 Whiskey Mac
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2019 10:04:15 PM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Mac Object to Post

I agree with this. While I don't necessarily need the extra slots at this point, it would be very helpful for kennels who are the only ones playing in a particular breed. It would help keep SOPs up and would allow kennels to keep more dogs that could help others get started in less popular breeds, too.

I would gladly accept a 10-20% increase for 10-20 more slots if it would help other players. Maybe it would even decrease cheating.
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2019 12:41:41 AM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

I agree and am for an increase in kennel space.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2019 5:15:14 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

yes, i agree
 Taylynn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2019 6:57:38 AM reply with quote send message to Taylynn Object to Post

I agree 100% we need more room
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2019 12:03:04 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I would be ok with all said.
I'd love to see the remaining photos uploaded. Picardy as put in a lot of work and it only seems fair that they get to be displayed.
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/29/2019 1:33:17 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

I've been playing for a while, after a break, and then came back. I've noticed the drop in population and a kennel I used to run with only one kennel (3 breeds) in order to finish I have now moved to 3 seperate kennels.

I agree that more dogs would be helpful I'm already up to the limit in all 3 kennels and still struggle at times to show and breed (because I don't accept that dogs should only be breeding).

I think this would help those of us that remain.

In terms of additional cost, I wouldn't mind paying more, but I am in Australia, so have to bear in mind that the increase in costs will actually be more for those of us overseas (with a weak dollar). In saying that ... I've been paying the same amount for a long time and don't miss it, so I wouldn't mind upping that by $5AUD per kennel if that meant we got some more attention.

Jessica
 Shoal River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2019 1:25:23 PM reply with quote send message to Shoal River Kennel Object to Post

I would absolutely be willing to pay a higher monthly subscription fee to have more slots available.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2019 3:11:33 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

I am all for it
 *WolfStar*
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2019 10:52:57 AM reply with quote send message to *WolfStar* Object to Post

Agreed - since the only other real option is to leave the game...
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2019 11:41:26 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by *WolfStar*
Wait - what?

Part of the game strategy is the kennel limit. Keep your best, manage the middlings, FH or sell the rest. I am not opposed to a modest increase (50 seems excessive to me) but the limit is part of the game play and experience.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2019 7:09:51 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

How much simpler do you guys want Jeff to make the game?

Back in the games prime, We had to make money from showing and sales. You had to budget to maintain your kennel.

We were only given 12 sessions and you had to buy extras.

A preferred handler list was not provided on the screen where handlers were selected.

You actually had to work and really try to be successful in the game.

I would be for a kennel size increase if the loyalty bonus & extra sessions were removed.

Something has to give to make the game actually somewhat challenging.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2019 7:13:38 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Whiskey Mac
I would gladly accept a 10-20% increase for 10-20 more slots if it would help other players. Maybe it would even decrease cheating.
If anything, this will just help the super kennels have more dogs to cheat with.

The only thing that will fix cheats is the rules of the game actually being enforced.

Admin has been contacted privately about several of the cheats over the years. Status quo remains.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2019 2:19:45 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Sadly the game has already changed. Back in the days of 12 sessions, we had several thousand active accounts and a much more active administrator.
 *WolfStar*
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2019 6:00:43 PM reply with quote send message to *WolfStar* Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
posted by *WolfStar*
Wait - what?

Part of the game strategy is the kennel limit. Keep your best, manage the middlings, FH or sell the rest. I am not opposed to a modest increase (50 seems excessive to me) but the limit is part of the game play and experience.

Because of the reasons Gaylan is saying:

Adding a significant number of spaces would increase the game play value sufficiently.

I also rarely need all these extra sessions and don't know when they became so many, since I took a break from the game for a while but now it seems with so few active players and not enough dogs in some breeds to get points, that the increased dog allowance makes sense for those who have breeding programs to keep the shows competitive (rather than stacking).

I'm certainly beginning to get bored again with the game, hence my comment.
 *WolfStar*
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2019 6:01:11 PM reply with quote send message to *WolfStar* Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Sadly the game has already changed. Back in the days of 12 sessions, we had several thousand active accounts and a much more active administrator.
Agreed!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2019 6:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I disagree. It would cheapen game play.
I had 4 litters drop this evening. I had to consult with my breed scale of points and current winners to FH what won't work for my program. If the limit goes to 50, I could have kept all the litters, used all 93 sessions we seem to be having as of late, and see what happens in the ring. Not too much thought involved.

There is a simple pleasure of choosing a single pup out of a large litter who goes on to dominate the ring. I just closed out October with the #1 Toy who was the "chosen one" out of her litter.
A large part of this is due to the kennel limit.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 11/1/2019 6:23:09 PM
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2019 10:54:55 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I agree with Comet. I dont want a sub or dog number increase and I have enough trouble sorting 30/35 dogs as it is. Workng with a kennel of 50 dogs would need an extra hour a day and might increase entries so much that we end up having to enter a dozen to get a major.... no thanks. I love this game but I spend enough time here already.

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.