Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : unnamed dogs
 Newwave
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/5/2019 2:38:57 PM reply with quote send message to Newwave Object to Post   

So I offered on a unnamed dog, (because I wanted to name it myself) it was named before the offer was excepted, I would've have offered to buy it if it wasn't unnamed...
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2019 2:47:11 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Thats part of the risk of buying unnamed pups on approval...

Next time, send a note to the seller saying what you'd like it named or that you only want to buy it in unnamed.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2019 2:22:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Talk to the breeder/seller. If the dog is still under 30 days, the breeder can change the name. Tell them what name you had in mind. If they are willing, you can sell the dog back to them to name then re-buy it. It is easier if you are subscribed but I think it can still be done.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2019 11:42:52 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

In my established breeds with a long bloodline, I put up my pups unnamed on approval so I can name them with at least my kennel name. I always welcome name suggestions. In my kennels where I don't care about tracking the bloodline, I put them on quick sale.

I agree, if you offer on an unnamed pup, send an email with a name suggestion.

That being said, I also agree with talking to the breeder re the selling back etc.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.