Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Greyhounds
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/5/2019 4:30:42 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post   

Does anyone want to join me in Grey’s

I’m fed up being the only one in this breed and thinking of giving them up.

I have a load of pups for sale and am happy to part with half my kennel if anyone wants to join the breed.

There is work to do on some colours and group placings available on others.

Let me know if you would like to give them a go?

https://www.showdog.com/dogsforsale/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Greyhound
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2019 9:38:03 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

I wonder if messaging other kennels in the breed to see if they'd consider starting to show would help out? I see you're one of a few breeders.

I have the same issue in quite a few of my breeds so I get where you're coming from! Probably a lot of breeds are dealing with the same thing, sadly.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2019 2:16:55 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

No, no, no! Hang om a bit longer - I'll cut back so I can enter again, I promise - soon! tonight or tomorrow!
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2019 4:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Aww bless, I’ll wait for you happy :)
 Frijsland
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2019 4:26:09 AM reply with quote send message to Frijsland Object to Post

Thanks Halcyon for the kick.

I have a heap of Greys that I have been working on colours ... but my kennel is overlimit and I just haven't had the time to get it going.

My colours won't beat your whites though.

Give me a couple of days to get my kennel back to scratch. It might take me 30 days to get some pups.

I'm also speedy in Pointers.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2019 3:06:40 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hey Fris, same here!

Everyone's 3 or 4 hundred days old but I bred a few. I'll FH the girls when they whelp and breed some more until the oldies are all gone. I kept so many because of colour and/or a high here or there then they all started counting and I couldn't do anything else till I bit the bullet (sort of). I trimmed back a couple of other kennels that were not quite as bad and moved a few girls over and bred them. I'll get a few in the shows as soon as I can.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2019 1:55:36 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Yay happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/13/2019 1:40:12 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Entered a bunch of baby greys starting on 27th I think. Some majors to be made there!
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2019 1:50:19 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I’ve put some fully sessioned dogs and bitches up for sale if anyone fancies a punt
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2019 11:56:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I put a whole bunch in the shows - so far little and none competition!

The best one is a 94 something, the others 90 to 92. Frijsland, you can probably beat a lot of these . . .

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/22/2019 12:04:17 AM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.