.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Current Status
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
11/27/2019 4:18:16 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

tldr.....I'm at a starbucks downloading the 500mb SQL management studio to try and get in from here. If that doesn't work, I'll need to drive four hours to get the key to the new server setup.

Full story...

I left the house early monday morning to North Carolina to film livestock judging classes. Tuesday night right before my flight to Houston to meet Holly's family for thanksgiving I got a call about an issue on Showcattle that required a server reboot. That's actually pretty easy to do with AWS and was done while I was in the Southwest line.

Problem was that the SQL Server Agent is not setup on the new server to start when the server restarts so it didn't start and do sessions. I can't get into the server from here because it's got an ecrypted key for the password that is back at my office in San Antonio. It will either be fixed in the next 30 minutes or LATE tonight when I drive back to SA, get the key and fix it, and then drive back to Houston.

I'll update here.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/27/2019 4:54:21 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I can get in but cannot update the sql server agent job on the server. I'm going to grant everyone 50 sessions today and then again tomorrow but tomorrow won't be done until this Starbucks opens and I can connect to the db server from here again.

edit: 100 sessions

-----
Last edited by admin on 11/27/2019 4:59:47 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/27/2019 11:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Jeff, not that we all, including myself don't appreciate the work you are doing for SD and SC

BUT!

ShowHorse is STILL taking 40 seconds or so for just about every click! We're feeling exceedingly neglected!

You fixed the problem in ShowDog, in ShowCattle, and even in ShowRabbit - weeks ago! We pay the same subscription fees as SD and SC.

(I don't think I have ever used the "angry face" before!)

Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2019 4:01:30 AM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

Thanks Jeff, what an annoying time for this to happen!
 MJ s
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2019 9:10:16 AM reply with quote send message to MJ s Object to Post

Thanks you Jeff We appreciate your effort happy :)
 Annaba
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2019 9:11:44 AM reply with quote send message to Annaba Object to Post

Thanks for you time Jeff !
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/28/2019 12:05:45 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Sorry about all this Jeff. We do appreciate you.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.