Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Dog Feeding etc
 Golden Orchard Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/30/2019 10:01:47 AM reply with quote send message to Golden Orchard Kennels Object to Post   

Hey everyone!

I am a member, however I do apologise for asking 'newbie' questions as I am still learning and would love to learn more.

Currently breeding and showing border collies, however I was wondering what rations are best because I am finding it is taking 45ish days to get all stats to 20 using the super duper adult forumula. What is lagging behind is the coat condition stat. I see so many excellent breeders get all their puppies stats to 20 within 14 days and would love to know how they do this or if you guys have any tips for me!

Dog Feeding etc
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2019 10:09:07 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

You want to make adult and puppy conditions that are HIGH (or notch 7) in: protein, fat, and vitamin E. Medicines/Vaccines were never added as a function of the game so they can stay LOW or (notch 1). Create rations here:

https://www.showdog.com/users/feeding/create_your_own_ration.aspx

Just remember to label them puppy or adult.

Remember: every breed's stats rise differently based on breed characteristics but these will give you the fastest outcome to 20-20-20.
 Golden Orchard Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2019 8:37:47 AM reply with quote send message to Golden Orchard Kennels Object to Post

Thank you so much!
 Rex Herding Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2019 12:04:26 PM reply with quote send message to Rex Herding Dogs Object to Post

Thank you for asking this question and for the responses.

If a custom ration should be maxed out at 7-7-7, what is different for Puppy and Adult? Thanks
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2019 2:26:26 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Puppy rations are for dogs 13 days and younger. Adult rations are for dogs 14 days and older.

If you have a puppy on an adult ration or vice versa, you'll actually lose stats. Always remember to label your rations.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.