Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : S-Poodle Colors
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/7/2020 8:52:20 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post   

What are considered 'rare' colors in Standard Poodles? In the stats it says cafe au lait, red, and silver-beige are only 1% of the total, but is that really the case? I have pups for sale and plan to FH most of them but will keep anything that is helpful re colors.
 Spot and Smudge
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2020 2:03:38 PM reply with quote send message to Spot and Smudge Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The percentages are the odds of you getting that color when buying a source dog. They do not represent the number of dogs of each color that are in the game.

-----
Last edited by Spot and Smudge on 1/9/2020 2:03:49 PM
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/9/2020 11:54:42 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Oh I see. So how can you tell if any of the colors you have are 'rare'?
 Sheoques Blue Manchester
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2020 1:35:44 PM reply with quote send message to Sheoques Blue Manchester Object to Post

I’m not a Standard Poodle breeder but from what I’ve seen black and silver are pretty common.

If you really want to find out what is currently rare in a breed you would need to visit the other breeders page and check out what they have on hand. Low SOP dogs might mean someone was color breeding with them. If you find any you should definitely ask that breeder if that is the case.

If you don’t want to go through all that effort, a very general way of finding out, that can result in some mistakes, is to check what colors are currently available for sale and/or up for stud.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2020 7:27:30 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Good ideas, thanks.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.