Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Source Breeding Tips?
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/7/2020 1:56:07 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post   

Hello!

I am looking at trying to bring back American Eskimo Dogs from source (amongst other goals). However, it’s been a bit since I’ve been here. Out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference between the source quality? How does that work? Any tips on breeding from source?

Thanks!
Windy
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2020 3:49:57 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Hi,

I have been breeding True source dogs since 2006.
They are getting better but not show quality yet.

This is not a task for the faint of heart. It takes time and dedication.

Some people cheat ( I am a purist) and cross breed with higher SOP dogs. You can do it that way too.
You should get a show dog faster.

You can message me if you have more questions or just reply here.

Carol
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2020 3:51:57 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

There is also a Source Breeding Forum where I have posted in the past.

-----
Last edited by Caulfeilds Kennels on 2/7/2020 3:52:13 PM
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2020 4:09:36 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thank you so much for reaching out!

I can only imagine the work that goes into it, for sure. At the moment, I would like to revive a breed that appears to only have four or five dogs total (all source dogs on a basic kennel that hasn’t visited in days). So, they would technically be show quality from the start (though not competitive in any other way, shape, or form).

I guess I just want to bring back an extinct breed.

I’ll be sure to head over and read the posts you put out.

As an edit: are rare breed accounts still a thing? I remember they existed way back when (Actually, I remember when they were first introduced), and am curious if they are still around.

-----
Last edited by Windsong Hills on 2/7/2020 4:12:22 PM
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/8/2020 12:57:19 AM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

I am not sure about rare breeds being a thing, anymore.
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2020 5:08:29 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

Ah, that's a shame. it seems difficult to find source dogs to start a line.
 Gower Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2020 2:59:24 PM reply with quote send message to Gower Kennel Object to Post

I played when the game was brand new and now I am back since I have so much more free time lately.

I have a couple of kennels (not this one) where I am breeding from source. One I am doing true source breeding because all dogs in the game are source. In two kennels I started with source animals but I am using outside studs to make the process go more quickly.

Breeding source to source so far has been a nightmare! But as far as I can tell I am the only person doing it in the breed so I will try for a while. I had 32 puppies and kept two but only because I felt like I had too, not because they were of a good quality; I am trying to decide what to do as they age (they are only a couple of days old).

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.