Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Chat Feature?
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/11/2020 7:54:05 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post   

Is it still working? Or has it gone down due to disuse? I remember it being one of my favorite parts of SD. If it isn't working, would we be allowed to have a fan-run discord server?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/11/2020 9:13:23 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

It seems to re-direct to a create account page. My first guess is that it's the result of the recent server change. It hasn't been used a lot lately I think but I do think it was working.
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2020 9:32:33 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

That's good to hear. When I try to access it on my account page, it sends me to:

"The resource cannot be found.The resource cannot be found."

Maybe I'm just not getting to it correctly?
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2020 9:42:12 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

posted by Windsong Hills
That's good to hear. When I try to access it on my account page, it sends me to:

"The resource cannot be found.The resource cannot be found."

Maybe I'm just not getting to it correctly?

That's what it says for me, too. It used to be a favorite feature and quite the active place every evening.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/12/2020 9:48:07 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I used the Chat Room link on the left under Community and get "Welcome to the Show Dog Game", "Get a free account today".

Someone maybe needs to whisper into Admin's ear.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/12/2020 9:49:48 PM
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2020 5:42:21 AM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

I've never used the chat feature. Is this something you need a microphone to talk into? Or, is it a large real time typing chat interface like Google Chat?
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2020 5:59:09 AM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

It's a chatroom, like skype or google chat. I have other games that use discord. This one was originally for premie accounts only, though. It was great. You really felt like a community being able to talk to others.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2020 7:37:51 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

We could make a new chat room of our own on another platform. My computer skilla dont run to being a moderator though.
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2020 11:35:39 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

That's a good idea. What chat platforms do you guys use? I personally enjoy discord.
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2020 12:19:42 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

I have discord, but I've never used it. I don't have a microphone so I can't speak on a voice chat interface, but I can message in live time on a platform like that.
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2020 3:05:39 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

So, going through and making this, would anyone be opposed to just making it for everyone with a special channel for premie accounts?

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.