.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 86
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : German Spitz News and Views
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/26/2020 8:11:07 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi,

I have started our thread for:
Show brags
Breeding news, views and ideas such as:
Progression and ideas on restoring some of the colours
High SOP, and new improvement in traits.
New studs available with best traits and strength,
Stock for sale, puppies, studs and broodies.

happy :)

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 2/26/2020 8:11:36 PM
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/26/2020 8:28:59 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

Looking through my first generation pups, I have
Brown
Black
Blue
White
Cream Sable Parti
Wolf Sable Parti
Orange Sable
and
Wolf Sable
Cream Sable, both from Aislin.

Plus some higher sops from established males and some nice high sop girls from Novolina

I have a
Brown Sable girl due to a Blue Boy
Isabella & Tan girl to an Orange Sable
Wolf Sable girl to a Black boy
Isabella & Sable parti girl to a Blue Sable boy
Black & Tan Parti girl to a Black boy

I have avoided going source to source, and hoping for at least some rarer coloured pups to work with .... fingers crossed!!!!

My one litter which was a source (cream bitch) to an established male (black boy) only resulted in the blue and black males. I will try breeding these back to colour bitches in hopes that the next generation may produce more colour.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 2/27/2020 4:41:56 AM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2020 7:01:08 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

This will be so much fun, it is great to have co-breeders who are as excited about this breed. Thank you for starting the topic.

After a while away, I am actually happy to come back and see my old dogs were still alive. I did attempt the color breeding last time, but I didn't have it in me...

Right now I am focusing on SOP and colors, will see if I'll have space for all of these pups in the kennel.

My main highest SOP girl is due 2/29, cannot wait to see the SOP she'll produce:
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16804204

Also have 3 females breed to "color project" males, due 2/29 as well. Let the colors come through! laugh :D

Best of luck to us all.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/27/2020 4:28:06 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

She is a lovely girl, will be nice to see what she whelps.

I am looking forward to the colour breeding, the trick is going to be overriding the dominant colours, and getting some of the others to come through.

For a start I am going to concentrate on the colours, and sop will be secondary.

I love the parti colours and some like the black and tan, and sables.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/27/2020 5:21:56 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

I have acquired two new source boys (both partis)

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17169554
a Brown Sable Parti

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17169553
a Dilute Brown Sable (Brown-pigmented Cream) Parti

It is getting very expensive to get source dogs at the moment sad :(

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 2/27/2020 5:22:35 PM
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2020 8:14:51 PM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

I guess I got kind of lucky and unlucky all at the same time. I got my starter dogs when no one was selling any so they were like $20 each. I couldn't really decide what I liked in the way of colors because there are SO many to choose from and so many that are lost.

I thought I had chosen to go with sables and solids, but then I had a brown parti girl born from a brown sire out of a brown sable bitch. I really wanted to have clear orange somewhere in my line, but that went by the wayside due to the fact that it was the litter that broke the game. So we won't be doing that again. lol I lost 6 bitches and 2 dogs in that fiasco. I'm just going to press on with the ones I have left and see what goes on.

I like the idea of having my own line of dogs, but I don't like the idea that it'll take years to get them up to quality for shows.

I think it will be fun though working with you both happy :)
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2020 10:08:55 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

-----
Last edited by Diasonia on 2/28/2020 10:11:32 AM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2020 10:11:40 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Having your own line is great, but will definitely take a VERY long time to get them to 90s SOP. I gave up that idea a long time ago. laugh :D

I really want new solid colors back in the game. When I started there were blacks and whites, now blue seems to be the main color scheme I have. Definitely need to change that up a bit.

One more day of patience and we'll see those pups...
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 7:35:34 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

I have two litters due soon, looking forward to them dropping.

Do you have any objection to me checking out your litters as they arrive?

I have set up a very basic spreadsheet, to keep track of what the various colour matches result in. It is only a rough guide as it does not take the colours of the ancestors into account (that got too hard to work in).
But I thought it might be of some use to us, I find the genetic codes far to confusing to work out.
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2020 3:44:49 AM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

I don't have any objections to you checking out my litters. I keep track of my own litters for all the breeds I work with. I can give you a little info.

I had a litter the was sired by a brown male out of a brown sable bitch that resulted in 3 pups all cream sable. Another litter with that same stud and another brown sable bitch that resulted in 4 pups. There were 3 brown and 1 wolf sable. That was it before the glitch messed everything up and I stopped recording at that point because I felt that the results wouldn't be accurate.

There also is a post in the German Spitz breed forum here
https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=243832

It talks about colors if that helps any.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/29/2020 4:41:42 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Thanks.

My two litters have come, mainly blacks with 2 blues sad :(

Not certain whether to ditch the lot or keep one or two for experimenting with..........

I think I will have to breed what I keep back to source or first generation Spitz........

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 2/29/2020 5:07:30 AM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2020 10:25:29 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Litters dropped this morning and I had some good pups to continue the color project with.

I've also put several dogs from those litters for sale if anyone would be interested.
I will FH them in couple of days if there are no takers.

These ones will continue in the program and made me smile, as they got the Cream color:
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17171421
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17171432
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2020 4:07:27 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Congrats, you have some nice pups to go on with. Don't know if I need any more pups at this stage, will think on it.

I have three more litters due in a couple of days, will be interested in the results.

Woops, wrong kennel, this is actually AussieWolf

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/1/2020 4:08:22 AM
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2020 7:44:06 PM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you all know that I don't have much room here so I'm going to have to remove my current starter males. I accidentally removed one already, but the cream one I can leave up for a bit longer.

My original plan was to breed my starters, then remove them after I decided on my first generation line up so I can stay within my limit. I'll leave him up until my first generation is old enough to start counting toward my total dog count though. Then, I'll add the first generation studs up when they are old enough.
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2020 7:00:38 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Hi there.
I cannot wait to see what litters you both get.
I will FH dogs I got for sale soon, so the prices of starters will go down again. In case anyone would want to buy new color starters.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2020 8:43:05 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

The standouts from my last three litters, are three cream sable bitches and one cream sable male. I have put two bitches up for sale.

I may get some new source dogs a bit later. But for now I will concentrate on trying to work with what I have.
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2020 12:15:28 PM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

I have one last litter due this Friday and then I'll just be waiting on the dogs I have to get old enough to breed again.

It's a dilute brown sable bitch to a cream male. I'm not sure what colors I will get. I also don't know if they will be born or glitch. So I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to forever home the litter. The cream male produced other pups without incident so I'm hoping there will be no issues here.

If you gals happen to get a clear orange pup you don't need, can you hold onto it for me, please?
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2020 9:34:40 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

Will do, if I get any happy :)

I won't be breeding until my next generation starts coming of age, the oldest younger bitches are 17 & 15 at the moment (from Novolina). As soon as they come of age they will be seeing my source males.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 3/3/2020 9:43:47 PM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2020 7:49:00 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

I have Orange Sable color, but have never seen pure Orange just yet. Hopefully someone is able to get it.

I LOVE Sable colors, so will keep an eye out if you'll have some for sale. I have Sable Cream, but would love to add other Sables that aren't "popular" right now.

Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2020 7:53:34 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I shall let you know if I have any for sale. Do you include source bitches in that?
Because I will be FHing a wolf sable source bitch down the track. I may want to breed from her once more, not sure yet.

I have a soft spot for the parti colours and the &Tan mixes (like the black & tan)

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 3/4/2020 11:02:25 PM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2020 6:51:01 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Oh, I do like the tan mixes as well...
There are too many nice colors in this breed, we'll never be able to keep the adults under 30 dogs.

Replies in this thread : 86
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.