Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Can't breed a bitch?
 shinra
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/28/2020 10:38:29 AM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post   

So.....It's been 7 days since her last litter (the pups are 7 days old now) and I cannot breed her? I purchased her to be a brood bitch and to have two litters with me then I'd FH her......but still not able to breed?

The bitch in question is here;
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17097204
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 12:19:28 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

That is bizarre.
 shinra
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 12:44:04 PM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post

Isn't it?
 shinra
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 12:44:25 PM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post

posted by XiZang
That is bizarre.
I'm debating on just FH her. Idk why this is happening.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 1:03:43 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

This is 99% guesswork but the dog is a double merle - a semi lethal in real life.

There have been issues with stuck litters and while it has never affected me directly I seem to recall some mention of lethal/illegal colours being involved.

So, just guessing - is it possible that this is somehow related to an attempted fix for the puppy issue??? Am I dreaming about the colour link?

Also:

When you go to breed does this dog have a "breed" link on your "My Dogs" page list? If it's not there it usually means the dog is not ready to be bred.

If it is there do you get the list of available sires in your kennel?

If you get that list, you need to click on the "Breed" that is right in front of the sire name. (Occasionally folks try the "Breed" link at the bottom of that list.)

I hope some of this helps. Good luck.
 shinra
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 3:54:33 PM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post

I know it’s lethal irl, I wanted to breed her to my black boy. And maybe, not sure about the stuck puppies part. And nope, no option to breed at all. I guess I’ll just FH her.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2020 4:41:43 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

That's a bummer.
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2020 9:38:44 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

Double merle is NOT lethal in real life. That's part of the problem: double merle puppies can be born because the gene is not lethal in utero and the resulting puppies often have microphthalmia. (Deafness usually results from the excess white on the head and not due to the M/M genes).

Sorry, though, I can't help with the bug. sad :(

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.