Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : What if all breeds were reset to source?
 Mamba
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/28/2020 8:40:41 AM reply with quote send message to Mamba Object to Post   

Or at least reset like the other times?
I’m a bit sad the most popular ones reached 100 SOP and there is kind of a dead end.
 Freiheit
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2020 11:18:07 AM reply with quote send message to Freiheit Object to Post

I’d love it because I’m trying to source breed for different GSD colors. laugh :D

I just wouldn’t want that for all the folks who worked so hard over several years to get where they are!

It’s nice to dream though isn’t it? LOL
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2020 6:28:44 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Honestly, I don't think this game would survive a reset.

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2020 11:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I know I would not stay. As mentioned above, I've worked too hard for 12 years.
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/29/2020 9:52:53 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

I would be devastated.
It would be business suicide if Jeff did this, in my opinion.

Carol
 Mamba
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2020 2:56:43 PM reply with quote send message to Mamba Object to Post

What if there would be a reset so that there would be no 100 SOP dogs (as in proportionally lowering the SOP for all breeds by taking into account the unseen decimals)? As the previous two resets that happened over the history of this game.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/29/2020 6:48:59 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Mamba
What if there would be a reset so that there would be no 100 SOP dogs (as in proportionally lowering the SOP for all breeds by taking into account the unseen decimals)? As the previous two resets that happened over the history of this game.
It would be the same thing over and over.

A lot of once popular high sop breeds have died out due to lack of players and folks have started them over from starter in the last year.

I think that will probably end up being the cycle from now on.

Will
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/30/2020 9:31:13 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

No, on a reset as I've been working on my own source kennel since 2006. I would stop playing if that was done. I'm almost caught up to the current dogs. It would be devastating to me if all the work I've done up to this point was just wiped out sad :(
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/1/2020 5:24:20 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

posted by WishMaker
No, on a reset as I've been working on my own source kennel since 2006. I would stop playing if that was done. I'm almost caught up to the current dogs. It would be devastating to me if all the work I've done up to this point was just wiped out sad :(
WOW!
Good for you.
I am at SOP 91-92 and the ones winning now are 95.8-96.

I have a few years to go yet before I can show them
sad :(

Carol

ps: I too would quit because as you say, the work and time it has taken me. Crikey, they even survived my 2 1/2 mo hospitalization back in 2007!( with a wee bit of kennel help)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2020 2:41:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

How about we add more traits?

Head could he broken down into EarSetLength,/Carriage, EyeSize/Placement/Colour Muzzle/Jaw/Dentition/Bite. Current head could be thought of as Width/Length/Depth.

TNB - withers, loin, Tail/tailset, ribcage(width/depth)

We could add colour to coat. Colour is an important factor in some breeds, even a disqualification. We could add length and texture characteristics. In some there are preferences, in others it's irrelevent.

Some of these are of little consequence to some breeds and these would not need a lot of development.

Yes, it would need a lot of discussion in some cases but it doesn't have to be that complicated - just add Ears, Eye, and Bite to the definition of Head. Head could be thought of as Skull.

Just a thought . . .
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2020 5:54:14 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

I would not want a reset no as 100sop dogs are only in a few breeds so why lose all the progress in the other breeds. I think it would lose a lot of players as there would be no point playing anything but the most popular breeds as you would never get a chance to breed a perfect one before the popular ones once again got to 100.

The way I see it is If you don't like playing in a breed where 100 is commen there are plenty other breeds to pick from. This could result in natural resets as breeds once more popular fall out of favor returning players could then start from scratch and still be able to show.
 Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2020 1:33:43 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

There are enough glitches with the game at the moment. No sessions again this morning.
We don't need Jeff doing anything that might make things even worse.
 bsgkiddie
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2020 12:18:23 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkiddie Object to Post

How about a partial reset, say only those 98-100? That would give other breeds a chance to catch up and actually have a chance to compete with the popular breeds. Also, it would give current folks tired of the 100-lack-of-challenge situation more room to grow.

None of the dogs in the breeds I currently work with can ever show up under all time top dogs even if they are the top dogs in their breeds. There are not enough players for current numbers to approach the all time list of what currently look like source dogs (after several resets). That might renew interest for all across the board. Thoughts?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2020 5:51:50 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I would be gone.
I have been source breeding in another kennel since 2006.
If they went back to 0 gen I will have wasted all that money and time etc.
I would be devastated.

Carol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2020 7:41:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Any breeder in any breed can do a "reset" any time they choose!

All you have to do is create one Starter dog, breed it to current 100 SOP dogs and VOILA! - Reset! And no one else need be impacted.

Those who have been working on recovering or less popular breeds have been set back at least twice. Remember, if the 100's get set back to 80, the 80's get set back to 60's. Setting back individual breeds is the only fair way to do it, and you breeders who have a problem with 100's are able to do so without Admin's involvement.

Perhaps you should take this to your individual breed forums (very few of them are ever used these days) and talk about this issue among yourselves!

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.