Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Breeding
 Imperial Papillons
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2020 12:35:50 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Papillons Object to Post   

I’m trying to breed a bitch and I have selected a sire but when I click “breed” nothing happens and under pregnancies it says, 0. No approval from owner is required. I played showdog.com years ago and it always told if the bitch had been bred. Have things changed or is my phone having issues?
Thank you!
-Jessica
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2020 1:08:41 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

There could be a couple things here-

You can only breed a bitch that has a name.

You can only breed a bitch that is 30+ days.

You can only breed a bitch that hasn’t had a litter in the last 5 (6? Maybe? I forget) days.

The “breed” option will show up from the stud even if the bitch isn’t 30 days/still impacted from her last litter. You will likely have to wait another day until the “breed” option shows up on your kennel page, then you’ll know she’s actually ready. happy :)

Hopefully that’s the issue!
 Imperial Papillons
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2020 8:47:18 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Papillons Object to Post

Thank you for your help! She is 62 days old, has a name, is finished, and never had a litter before. It’s still not working. sad :(
~Jessica
 Imperial Papillons
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2020 9:02:31 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Papillons Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Also.... my friend had a Brittany who has unfortunately passed away, but her name was Berry Jean!

-----
Last edited by Imperial Papillons on 5/4/2020 9:03:00 PM
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2020 8:46:41 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Could you link to the stud?
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2020 10:02:48 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

If the stud isn’t 30 days old, that might be why.
 Imperial Papillons
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2020 12:18:55 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Papillons Object to Post

The stud dog is well over 30 days, I also tried another stud and it didn’t work. When I click breed on the bitch’s page, it takes me to another page that just shows here traits and “choose a stud”, so I go to the stud, click breed and it takes me back to the last page after stud is selected and I click breed, again and the screen refreshes and nothing happens.
~Jessica
 Imperial Papillons
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2020 12:26:10 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Papillons Object to Post

It’s working now! Who knows... thank you for all your help!
~Jessica
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2020 12:49:25 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I'm glad the issue was resolved! That's a weird glitch. Maybe your subscription hadn't processed fully, if you upgraded recently.

Brittanys are amazing dogs, sorry to hear your friends' passed! Quite a coincidence though, haha

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.