Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : returning member - interested in Afghans!
 Meadowly
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/14/2020 8:58:29 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post   

Hi there!
I used to play a long time ago from 2010-2012 I believe, I bred Salukis. I had to make a new account, for some reason it wouldn't let me into my old one!

I'm really interested in breeding Afghan hounds as I show them in real life, and they're my favorite breed! Is it possible for me to get into this breed on here and be competitive with them?

I don't remember much about how to play the game, and a lot of things have changed around here, so I'd appreciate any pointers or tips. I'm pretty lost right now. I'm nervous to get dogs because I don't want to make any mistakes and buy ones that won't help my kennel out lol.

If anyone has Afghans they'd be willing to part with, please let me know! I'd appreciate any mentorship fellow breeders can provide as well.
Thank you! (:
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/15/2020 6:53:07 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

Hello and welcome back! I am a Brussels breeder but there are lots of Afghans available in the Dogs For Sale right now. I also saw a post not long ago about someone selling "a herd" of them lol.
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/15/2020 6:54:32 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

Found that post. It was XiZang : https://www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=XiZang
 Fukkatsu
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2020 3:10:22 AM reply with quote send message to Fukkatsu Object to Post

Hi!

Welcome again!
I saw you have a few salukis now - that's amazing!
Number of saluki breeders increased recently.

Good luck with everything you want to achieve here.
Have fun! happy :)
 Meadowly
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2020 2:14:02 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post

I've been in contact with XiZang and purchased a dog from them! happy :)

And yes, I caved and bought some Saluki haha. I couldn't help myself, I love them. I'm excited to start showing and breeding once these pups are all sessioned.

thank you guys! I'm glad to be back.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/16/2020 6:25:27 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I have Afghans if you want more of those devils.
 Meadowly
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2020 2:40:05 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post

@ Tarot - I want an extra bitch, do you have one you'd recommend to me? happy :)
 Fluffbrain
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/5/2020 7:23:04 PM reply with quote send message to Fluffbrain Object to Post

Me too, though I cannot remember what I called my kennels back then. I had several kennels, and I know I had a lot of breeds from toy poodles to Great Danes, and it was so chaotic back then. COI and colours were new, and so many things happened since then.

Replies in this thread : 7

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.