Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Importance of handlers?
 Gower Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/18/2020 2:23:47 PM reply with quote send message to Gower Kennel Object to Post   

When I played years ago it always felt like a battle to get a handler favored by the judge (there were more players back then so that could have been it); but now it seems most of the players in my breeds don't use handlers.

How important are handlers now? I try to enter shows for a month at a time for most of my animals so getting handlers isn't an issue but if they are less important now (either from official updates or just anecdotally) I wont spend as much time assigning handlers.

Thanks! Jameson
 LeBleu
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2020 6:47:04 PM reply with quote send message to LeBleu Object to Post

You need to check the judges' preferences. Some judges prefer Owner/Handlers.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2020 6:52:47 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Over the past several months, we, in American Cockers, for the most part, don’t bother with handlers.
Most of us go along with it, some don’t.

When I enter a dog and I see no handlers being used, I won’t use one either. If one or 2 use a handler, you bet I will put a top handler on my dog, unless of course the judge prefers no handlers.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.