Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Tell Me About Your Project!
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/26/2020 11:34:16 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

Are you breeding in a rare colour? Or just having some fun making a new line!

Personally, I'm just having fun making a new line, I've been relatively lucky in terms of the occurance of rarer colours and I'm keeping COI below 5% currently, though I'm only on Generation 6 so I'm sure it will get higher the further I go....
 Wickised
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2020 1:13:05 PM reply with quote send message to Wickised Object to Post

I'm working on getting more black back in the Mudi. It's dominant so should be relatively easy to do. We have a high number of dilutes in the breed. I did get a few sources and some in the breed have helped me out by selling me some black dogs.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2020 3:58:05 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am thoroughly enjoying breeding in colours in the German Spitz -- now I have got my lines past the source stage!!!!!!!
I have not had to FH any bitches for excess puppies for some time now.

I have a large variety of colours in my kennel now, and finding it fascinating in what the various matches are producing in puppies. I am getting some surprising results. With some other kennels also involved it is proving quite fun.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolf on 5/26/2020 3:59:38 PM
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2020 4:15:01 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

I have been source breeding here since 2006. All new lines, of course.
Might be competitive enough in a few years to show them but not now.
A 14 year labour of love laugh :D
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2020 4:15:25 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm working on a color project in Grand Basset Griffon Vendeens (GBGVs), including showing SOPs in both Dachshunds and GBGVs. It has been fun bringing back the Grizzle and Sable colors, and I'm now on my 8th generation from stock in those.

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 5/26/2020 4:15:39 PM
 Cubby Fan
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2020 9:23:27 PM reply with quote send message to Cubby Fan Object to Post

I just started a project with Pekingese. There are some studs with SOPs in the 80s in several inactive kennels but no active animals more than a couple generations past their Source Dog dams.

I am going to try to use existing studs to do some creative line breeding. I want to breed high quality Peke's but I want to avoid going all greyscale. Most of the studs are some version of grey so I am going to try to be conscientious of this and keep them to a minimum.

In my Jameson2009 account I am doing the same thing with Briards. But I can only find three studs. Color is less important to me in that kennel.

In my Chasing account I am doing the same thing with Sealyhams. There are a few really high quality animals in the game but not many.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2020 10:20:44 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I just started a source Old English Sheepdog project because there are no kennels breeding them and there aren't even any studs available. We'll see how long it lasts lol.

Alexandria
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2020 10:57:52 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

posted by Lace Dreams
I just started a source Old English Sheepdog project because there are no kennels breeding them and there aren't even any studs available. We'll see how long it lasts lol.

Alexandria

Source breeding, true source breeding, takes years to get show quality. However, if you have no competition anywhere, if you want, you can show and finish a lower SOP dog.

Best of luck.
Carol
Caulfeilds, Clwyds and Rossett
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2020 11:55:00 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Couple of us in German Spitz trying to get the lost colors out, it has been fun so far...but also heartbreaking as there is a lot of FHimg happening hahahahah

I am trying to breed current SOPs of the same breed too, space issue is an issue a LOT of the time.
 Meriones Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2020 8:55:13 AM reply with quote send message to Meriones Kennel Object to Post

I'm very new to Show Dog but I'm trying to breed Old English Sheepdogs from source.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2020 9:47:09 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Meriones Kennel
I'm very new to Show Dog but I'm trying to breed Old English Sheepdogs from source.
HEY! We should join forces! I'm just now coming back to SD but I have off and on experience from the last 9 or so years (hol-lee crap it's been since 2011...). Old English Sheepdogs are new for me but I've done some source mixed with current SOP breeding projects before. Please feel free to PM me. happy :)

Alexandria
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2020 11:49:56 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

I appear to have taken on another project, I recovered some of my bitches from an old kennel and am trying to recover that bloodline at least a tiny bit 0.o
 Raconteur
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/10/2020 8:24:41 PM reply with quote send message to Raconteur Object to Post

Lakeland Terrier project for a couple months now! On generation 2 and have the spectrum of color (dog's color and SOP colors!)
 Joyride
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2020 11:59:28 AM reply with quote send message to Joyride Object to Post

Starting Malinois from source. This is my first source project and it has been frustrating. Is it normal to have source x source litters produce ALL pups lower than the parents? I have the condition scores maxed. I have bred about 20 litters now - all pups worse than both parents.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2020 11:52:39 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

posted by Joyride
Starting Malinois from source. This is my first source project and it has been frustrating. Is it normal to have source x source litters produce ALL pups lower than the parents? I have the condition scores maxed. I have bred about 20 litters now - all pups worse than both parents.
I'm using the old traits system and going off that, eventually the new system has to follow it. Usually if there is still Source Dogs in the pedigree you can get some weird numbers.
 Joyride
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2020 12:13:12 PM reply with quote send message to Joyride Object to Post

Can you elaborate on the “old traits system”? I am doing my best to match traits. I have all source dogs and am trying to just get out of the gate with them. Literally every litter has been far worse than the source dog parents.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2020 6:37:44 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

In short, it uses the trait system before the reset, the reset moved decimal places so traits would drop in numbers so players could breed back up to 100 SOP. So the traits are higher on the old system than on the new, using that to get higher qualities in and then the new system should follow suit!
(this is my understanding please feel free to correct me)
 La Vita Dolce Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2020 8:56:21 AM reply with quote send message to La Vita Dolce Kennels Object to Post

posted by Pembroke Pixie Kennel
In short, it uses the trait system before the reset, the reset moved decimal places so traits would drop in numbers so players could breed back up to 100 SOP. So the traits are higher on the old system than on the new, using that to get higher qualities in and then the new system should follow suit!
(this is my understanding please feel free to correct me)

I would love to know more about this. Like, how do you determine traits in the old system? I still don't understand this. I've been playing off an on since 2007 and I know a lot of the old school players use the old traits system but I've never fully understood it.

Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler