Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Points Schedule is ridiculous!
 Lanakila
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/30/2020 10:32:33 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Object to Post   

https://www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Swedish_Vallhund.aspx

This is getting old...every month breeds with very few entries, like Vallhunds and Plotts (in another of my kennels) take huge amounts for majors. Vallies went up to 8 and 10 for a major!! I literally only entered one show the entire month of September..the National. Yet, popular breeds like Australian Shepherds...who have big entries in every show every night, Take 4 and 4 for a major. The system used to calculate the points schedule is flawed and needs to be retooled. I guess I won’t bother trying to finish any Vallies this month. Ugh
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2020 9:49:38 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It seems like of a breed only has a few players and they tend to all enter only a few shows (the National, owner-handler judged shows, etc.) that the point schedule is skewed. A lot of show entries with lower breed counts brings the number down.

3-6 dogs entered in shows several times a week rather than 30 dogs entered in 3 shows all month will really make a difference on counts.

-----
Last edited by Dark Mirage on 10/1/2020 9:52:27 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2020 2:06:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

As suggested, try entering a few dogs in every show - 2 males & 1 female, 2 females & 1 male. This is usually enough to get one point on the best in every show.

Unless you have a chance at group placing, skip the handler (its a time thing with me). If no one is using one it makes no difference and the true best one comes to the top, allowing for the various other biases the judge might have (i.e. gender).

Enter dogs that you might otherwise not consider showing. If the breed were more popular they'd probably not win anything but in low population breeds it will keep the schedule reasonable even though there is a strong tendency to load certain shows.

I confess, I load shows in certain breeds. I think of it as a real life thing - you want to get the "public" to notice your breed and realize what excellent companions/showdogs they are.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2020 6:21:31 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

You've posted this before. Dark Mirage's suggestion was given last time by a player. Try it.

Will
 Lanakila
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2020 10:33:20 AM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Object to Post

Yes I posted this again because it’s still an issue. The point schedule is based on the number of entries throughout the month. One show a month should not make the schedule jump so high. I’ve had months where I entered ZERO shows and the schedule still went up. It’s ridiculous. It makes no sense and really should be looked at. The program that is used to calculate points is flawed. I’ve been playing this game for more years than I can count and am just tired of issues such as this.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2020 2:54:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Ok. No entries a month will not reset the point schedule. You have to still show so dogs show up in the system. You've stuck it out this long. Try like Mirage suggested and see if it fixes your complaint.

See if that works. If it doesn't feel free to come back and complain next month.

Will
 Lanakila
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/9/2020 2:52:40 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Object to Post

I will try it and see what happens...

You all are long time players...don’t you get frustrated sometimes with how the game has changed over the years? There used to be a lot of dynamics with Jeff, and new and interesting things happening. Now it seems like the game is an afterthought. I don’t spend nearly as much time playing as I used to...
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/9/2020 4:06:07 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by PicketFence Kennels on 10/29/2020 8:36:12 AM

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.