Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Kennel slots for additional dogs
 chestara
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/29/2020 10:30:20 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post   

Could someone explain the additional $5.00 for 1 kennel slot. How many additional dogs does that $5.00 get you?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2020 1:27:50 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 10/30/2020 1:29:56 AM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2020 1:29:45 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

1 dog only per $5.00.

You can only do this 5 times.

So the largest your kennel can get is 35 show age dogs.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2020 4:03:45 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

It's a "one off" payment, so $25 gives you 5 slots for ever.
 Windgate
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2020 10:21:25 AM reply with quote send message to Windgate Object to Post

Well, that is not worth it. I will just FH a bunch of good dogs to stay legal.

Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2020 3:15:16 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Well, I realize that this might seem a little shady to some and I've thought about it many times but never really done it. But . . .

Every individual is permitted one free Basic account that holds 5 adult dogs. A Basic kennel can not breed them so it makes little sense for a Basic to hold females. They can offer titled dogs for stud (although they may not be listed in the studs listing - not sure about that).

Using this logic it seems perfectly legitimate to have a Basic account in addition to your subbed account(s). Move five promising boys, or already titled boys to this Basic. Show the youngsters to their titles then hold them there until they are no longer of use. Your subbed account will know where they are and be able to use them even if they are not listed, thus freeing up 5 spots in your subs. Others will find them also by linking to them from your subbed account.

Kelankins
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2020 5:52:46 PM reply with quote send message to Kelankins Object to Post

posted by
Well, I realize that this might seem a little shady to some and I've thought about it many times but never really done it. But . . .

Every individual is permitted one free Basic account that holds 5 adult dogs. A Basic kennel can not breed them so it makes little sense for a Basic to hold females. They can offer titled dogs for stud (although they may not be listed in the studs listing - not sure about that).

Using this logic it seems perfectly legitimate to have a Basic account in addition to your subbed account(s). Move five promising boys, or already titled boys to this Basic. Show the youngsters to their titles then hold them there until they are no longer of use. Your subbed account will know where they are and be able to use them even if they are not listed, thus freeing up 5 spots in your subs. Others will find them also by linking to them from your subbed account.

could this come under the term overflow kennel?
From the rules page
"Do not operate multiple kennels as a cooperative. Overflow kennels (a kennel for putting dogs in when you have too many kennels), holding kennels (a kennel used to hold puppies, bitches, dogs, or retired dogs away from the main showing kennel), sessioning kennels (a kennel used to get extra sessions to session dogs for the main kennel), etc. are not allowed"

-----
Last edited by Kelankins on 11/5/2020 5:54:17 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2020 10:10:15 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Ok, playing Devil's Advocate here . . .

Scenerio 1:

I am breeding Snoozle Hounds in a Standard Kennel and have 5 rather nice boys I'd like to breed to at a later date (they are 14 days old) but I'm 5 dogs over limit so I can't enter them or anyone else in a show (or breed or do do pretty much anything). I open a a Basic kennel, move the 5 boys over, continue sessioning them there and enter them in shows.

Would anyone view that as "cheating"?

Two or three weeks later, one or all these boys have their Ch so they are placed at stud. (Basics are allowed to stand studs once they have their Ch.) I breed several bitches to these studs. (They are at public stud so anyone can use them.) I used these studs on my own bitches.

Am I cheating?

Well, technically I guess you could say it's an "overflow" kennel but for 5 dogs it seems rather nit-picky.

Scenerio 2:

I am breeding Snoozle Hounds in a Standard Kennel and have 5 rather nice boys I'd like to breed to at a later date (they are 14 days old).

My friend is breeding Burger Pointers in another standard kennel and also has 5 nice boys. They are Gold Grand Champions and still relevant to the breed but 121+ days old.

We both open our allowed Basic kennel. I buy her Burger Pointers into my Basic and my friend buys and shows my Snoozle Hounds and later puts them up for stud as per Scenerio 1.

Are either of us cheating?

Does one Basic kennel really give anyone an advantage which I think is really the point of cheating. And, when all is said and done, having an additional Basic kennel is permitted so we can't be said to be "cheating" Jeff out of a subscription fee either. Should it matter how we use it?

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/5/2020 10:14:46 PM
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2020 11:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

I agree Gaylin!
 residential2
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2020 9:06:25 AM reply with quote send message to residential2 Object to Post

You can put the boys in a basic *so long as they are offered at public stud.*

You cannot use a basic kennel to hold dogs for exclusive use of your main kennel, nor can you legally breed back and forth within accounts but not offer those services to the general public of the breed.

That said, who's going to enforce it?

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.