Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : Dog Purchase Limits
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/31/2020 12:48:41 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

So I put in an offer on a dog from a fellow kennel, system denied the sale due to kennel purchase limits. I haven't done business with the other player in months.

A different kennel of mine put in offers on a few dogs to another player. The system let me purchase 2 of the 3 dogs and denied the third sale. I haven't done business with the other player in atleast a month.

Jeff... is this a glitch?

Will
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2020 10:29:57 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Thanks for posting this Will.
 CityofDetroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2020 9:42:16 PM reply with quote send message to CityofDetroit Object to Post

I think there is a glitch I’ve had issues with that error randomly popping up even with kennels that I have not done business with (or extremely little) in months.
 SanStaff
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2020 11:25:41 PM reply with quote send message to SanStaff Object to Post

I am glad someone else is mentioning this.

There is one kennel that tries to buy a puppy from me every three months or so. We also use each other's studs infrequently. For some reason, every time I try to accept their offer it denies it for this reason. I hope they fix it soon as it is such a pain when trying to get someone a puppy they want out of one of their studs.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2020 7:45:35 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Has just happened to me.
This kennel has bought from me but that was months ago.
She will try from another kennel.
Sad that we have to do it that way.

Carol
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/11/2020 6:40:13 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Can you list the specific buyer/seller combos that are having problems?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2020 11:28:13 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Clwyd Cockers and Tartanize
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/12/2020 1:00:29 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

It happened with me and/or another one of my kennels and BarStar
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/15/2020 6:36:55 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just had another offer from BarStar rejected because of too many transactions. I'm going to check my account and see the last time we actually conducted one.

Okay, I could only go back as far as 10/14 but there has been nothing, not even a stud fee.

-----
Last edited by Fingerprint on 11/15/2020 6:39:24 PM
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/10/2021 3:31:47 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

Happening now to me. My bsgkid account last purchased dogs from my bsgk4 account on 1/6/21 and 1/8/21. It is now 2/10/21, aka past the month mark, and no matter how much I offer, I get the same error message. I have offered multiple times today, dropping the amount offered each time with no relief. Each time it gave the error message I just declined the offer. Help!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/11/2021 10:58:55 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by bsgk4
Happening now to me. My bsgkid account last purchased dogs from my bsgk4 account on 1/6/21 and 1/8/21. It is now 2/10/21, aka past the month mark, and no matter how much I offer, I get the same error message. I have offered multiple times today, dropping the amount offered each time with no relief. Each time it gave the error message I just declined the offer. Help!
Because I wanted my sale/purchase to happen immediately, I moved them over to another kennel so the other kennel could buy from there. I felt sneaky doing it but that is what has to be done when a quick fix doesn’t happen.

Carol
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/11/2021 11:47:49 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

That is what I have done in my affected kennels. It's a pain though.
 Canasta33
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2021 8:21:22 PM reply with quote send message to Canasta33 Object to Post

I was having this issue as well, until only using the quick sale, have not had any issues that way. You would just have to make sure that whoever you are selling to is ready to purchase as soon as you put them up for sale, so no one else purchases them.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2022 10:56:05 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

This is still happening. I have been trying to purchase a bitch from another player and doesn't matter how she is placed up for sale, the sale is denied and we have not had any transactions recently.

Kennels are chestara and Model A.

Admin has been emailed with no response by both of us and Model A has tried calling and just gets answering machine.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2022 4:28:40 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by chestara
This is still happening. I have been trying to purchase a bitch from another player and doesn't matter how she is placed up for sale, the sale is denied and we have not had any transactions recently.

Admin has been emailed with no response by both of us and Model A has tried calling and just gets answering machine.

Do you have another account?
If so, move the dog there and sell, or buy, from there.
This has happened to me. The other kennel and I had bought and sold maybe twice in a year. So, we did it the round about way.
If SD isn’t going to fix it, we find a way around it.
 Alchemy Ibizans
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2022 9:29:41 AM reply with quote send message to Alchemy Ibizans Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
posted by chestara

This has happened to me. The other kennel and I had bought and sold maybe twice in a year. So, we did it the round about way.

It is doing that to me regardless of if I tried to move the dog to another kennel for 0.01 price, and for folks who haven't gone over transaction limits trying to offer on the ones I held for them.

Meagen
BRK
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2022 10:38:48 AM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

At some point someone said that it was not working if they put it on approval needed? Maybe try with without approval if you are currently doing it with? That’s the only idea I can think of.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2022 1:47:45 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

The problem with public sales for a dog promised to someone is the great gamble of someone else buying it. Which, at that point I do have a reserve dog of equal quality to offer until we can arrange a time to be on for an instant public sale.

Curiously, I couldn't buy a public sale even though I had not used studs or bought other dogs prior in the month.

I know stud fees count towards that limit, this is why I reduce my fees now to 25-50.00 for general studs, and if the male is exceptional his fee will be higher. Reason being is say one does 10 breedings at a time and the studs are 100.00 each. That taps the limit fast.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/27/2022 10:27:34 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

posted by Alchemy Ibizans
posted by Clwyd Cockers
posted by chestara

It is doing that to me regardless of if I tried to move the dog to another kennel for 0.01 price, and for folks who haven't gone over transaction limits trying to offer on the ones I held for them.

Meagen
BRK

No, I do not have another account. Was never able to purchase the dog I wanted.
Chestara

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.