.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : New Player
 ZGP
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/17/2020 1:08:43 PM reply with quote send message to ZGP Object to Post   

Hello,
I was wondering if someone would help me get started in the game? I'm new and quite confused on the game.
Thanks
 Cloud 9 K9s
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2020 7:46:48 PM reply with quote send message to Cloud 9 K9s Object to Post

Hello and welcome! What breed are you interested in?
 CityofDetroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2020 8:13:32 PM reply with quote send message to CityofDetroit Object to Post

https://www.showdog.com/help/
This is a great resource to use to get familiar!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2020 11:24:15 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

This Help info is found at the top right where it says
Sign Out/Help/Contact Us.

Click on the Help.

Welcome!

Carol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2020 11:33:30 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

First - Don't make "Starters".

Second - Do pick a breed. On the left side column at the end is a "Breeds" link that will give you some general information about the breeds supported and their status.

Each breed has an information page with a list of current breeders. Once you think you have decided on a breed write to them about getting started. You should maybe have two or thre breeds in mind and then make a final decision when you have more information.

As a new account you have 30 days of breeding privileges. I'd advise getting an older female (30 days at least) and then you can have two, perhaps three litters before you need to subscribe to continue and it will give you time to get at least some of the first litter into shows. This will give you the best chance of seeing if the game is for you.

Welcome and good luck.

Vespertinus
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/18/2020 10:19:35 AM reply with quote send message to Vespertinus Object to Post

Welcome!

If you are interested in malteses - feel free to message me. I will give you something happy :)

All the best!
 ZGP
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2020 11:39:57 AM reply with quote send message to ZGP Object to Post

Anyone got anything decent I can start with. Open to breeds as long as they are decent starters.

Shoot me a message.
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/20/2020 4:49:31 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

There are several quality Brussels Griffon available. I have a 23 day old female that will be ready to breed at 30 days and there are plenty of stud dogs available to choose from. They are competitive at the group level and have great turnout in the shows. I add specialties and payouts for them from time to time as well. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.