Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Point Schedules
 Armament
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/18/2020 1:55:34 PM reply with quote send message to Armament Object to Post   

Is there any way around this?

I am in a breed, in a different kennel, where there seems to be only one other breeder who shows but enters almost their entire kennel of 20+ dogs in each show and takes the top 5 handlers for both sexes.

So, I can't usually get an entry in with a good handler.
So, I started entering in another show with my dogs but last night I had 5 entries and best of breed got 1 point!

It doesn't seem worth it to session and show my own dogs against each other if I can't even get majors unless I too session and show all my dogs, or just leave the breed.

The point schedule is increased substantially for at least an entire month just from the game play of one user...
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/18/2020 3:38:53 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

A way around, sort of . . .

The point schedule is determined by the average number of entries in the previous month so it would be a month before you would see the full impact.

It only counts entries in shows that have 1 or more. Thus if a show has no entries it will not count. if one show each day has 10 entries in dogs every day, the average will be 10. If one show has 10 entries and another has 4 every day, the average will be 7 (14/2).

We generally have 5 all breed shows per day. If one of those has 10 entries and the other 4 have 3 entries, the average is 22/5 or 4 and a bit.

So, spread out your entries. I'm not sure if specialties/Nationals count but these are limited in number through the month.

Armament
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/20/2020 7:52:23 PM reply with quote send message to Armament Object to Post

Thank you, I didn't know that. It's just that I don't have enough dogs to spread throughout the days of shows.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.