Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Retirement Couch vs FH?
 Meadowly
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/18/2020 5:02:03 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post   

Is there any reason to choose putting a dog on the retirement couch over FH'ing it if the dog is no longer of use for showing/breeding? I've been FH'ing all of my dogs once I'm done with them, but I see some kennels have a pretty vast collection of couch dogs and I was curious as to whether there's any advantage to this (aside from just being able to see those dogs in your kennel still).

Thanks!
 Wyredogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/18/2020 8:41:40 PM reply with quote send message to Wyredogs Object to Post

Some simply put then there instead of FHing. That runs into SD money as you still have to 'feed' them.

Some players, including me, take advantage of the fact that retired dogs can still compete in Obedience and do not count itowards your dog total.

C.
 Meadowly
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/18/2020 8:58:48 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post

Oh! I was not aware that retired dogs were able to compete in obedience. Good to know. Thanks!
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/20/2020 10:11:34 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

I keep dogs that were special to me somehow.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2020 11:29:20 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

For premium uses they don't count towards your limit and retired champions still count towards your kennel prestige
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2020 11:34:05 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

I don't really use my retirement couch, for one I don't show on this account atm, this is purely my corgi breeding so I can't spare the expense of food and don't want neuters in this kennel wink ;)

I will probably make use of it in my rare breeds kennel when I start having showable dogs and I do have one GCH male who is over show limit sitting in my finishing kennel who I want to keep for breeding, hence why I haven't FHed or RC'd him.
 Vespertinus
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/22/2020 5:55:54 AM reply with quote send message to Vespertinus Object to Post

I have retirement coach, cause they're giving prestige wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.