Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Weird Show Results
 MagicWolf
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/10/2021 3:43:11 AM reply with quote send message to MagicWolf Object to Post   

My dog Stanley took BOB and won a group placement in the show at the link below. I'm trying to understand the results. The judge is stated to prefer certain handlers but not overt about it, to have a preference for bitches over dogs, and to rank most highly head, coat, size, and feet. The two dogs who did the best were owner handled, not fully sessioned, and the bitch who got Best of Opposite was downgraded due to a recent litter. The last place dog was fully sessioned and had a good handler listed on the judge's preference list, and had the highest stats for the judge's preferred traits. Poking around some other breed results, I see similar types of things. Best in Show was a partially sessioned starter dog. Which I get it that the judge is also said to look at dogs versus their breed rather than overall quality (might explain the starter dog winning BIS) but of my three dogs, doesn't explain why Stanley would be the winner.
 MagicWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2021 4:29:03 AM reply with quote send message to MagicWolf Object to Post

FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2021 10:01:49 AM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

In all honesty I think the shows glitch on the rare occasion.
That or there must be a small element of random chance in the algorithm and once in a blue moon you get weird results like this.
Keeps you on your toes!
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2021 8:47:53 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

I think sometimes the judges had a little too much to drink at dinner the night before. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.