plz dont reply any more
-----
Last edited by Zoetic on 4/20/2021 6:53:16 PM

-----
Last edited by Zoetic on 4/20/2021 6:53:44 PM
 residential
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2021 6:27:32 AM reply with quote send message to residential Object to Post

Don't sell anything you can't afford to lose, really. Put your studs up at stud, but don't sell puppies you want to keep. They can always buy an almost-great bitch and breed to a great stud.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2021 1:45:32 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I agree with Res. Sell some almost good enough to win bitches and let them use your studs. And if they seem to stick around after a decent time, you can always offer them nicer stock.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2021 1:54:03 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yes, it's sad and disappointing when you try to help someone get started and it doesn't work out.

I agree with Res and Bar - it's what I try to do. Sometimes it doesn't work out as I planned - sold some Weimaraner and they are now beating mine - lol!
 BlaznHot
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2021 6:45:56 AM reply with quote send message to BlaznHot Object to Post

Yes!! What is it with people just FH'ing without offering? This game doesn't happen instantly & even still I'm on every day - very rarely I miss a day - so it's not like they'll be waiting weeks without a reply from me saying yay or nay.

So yeah I basically keep everything now until I absolutely have to do a cull haha.
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2021 10:04:32 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

Don't sell anything you want to use in your breeding program, but other than that, it is what it is. I usually FH quality dogs at least once a week, so what's the difference if I do it or someone else does?

If it's a struggling breed with limited dogs, that's one thing. But if not, well, it's not the end of the world. In an ideal world, people would offer dogs back, but I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't happen, especially as my kennel is at capacity 99% of the time anyway!
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2021 11:48:26 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

-----
Last edited by Zoetic on 4/20/2021 6:53:28 PM
 residential
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2021 2:56:11 PM reply with quote send message to residential Object to Post

To add on to the previous--I usually FH at least 15 finishable puppies each week if I can hit all five accounts. So it's no sweat off my back if someone pays me for them and then FH's them.
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/8/2021 2:31:58 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

Haven’t come across this but what does irk me is newcomers to a breed block entering every show everyday just so they can say they have been the best in every breed. Why not just stick to your favourite breed and be done

Sorry rant over

Replies in this thread : 8

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.