Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Obedience & Conformation
 HeatherRose
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/21/2021 2:38:59 PM reply with quote send message to HeatherRose Object to Post   

Can you enter a dog in obedience and conformation at the same show and still have good results in both?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/21/2021 11:18:58 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think you will find that doing both affects the dog's performance in obedience trials. It won't do as well, and there will be a note on the dog's obedience result saying something along the lines, that the "dog had a lot on today". I don't remember the exact wording as it happened to me quite a few years ago now.

I don't know if it affects the dog in the conformation ring.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/21/2021 11:19:13 PM
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2021 10:02:58 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

I get that saying a lot too, I usually do both with my dogs in RL so I do them both on Showdogs too! Then when they are too old to show(on here) I've been doing obedience with them to give them something to do LOL

I don't know if there is a "proper" number of dogs to enter, or a "proper" way of doing both and I can't find any rules on it??
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2021 5:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I dabbled in obedience with some specials before.

If you enter in obedience and an allbreed, you should be fine. I found obedience was affected if I entered a specialty, allbreed, and obedience in the same night.

Will

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class