Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : UGH 8 dogs need for a 3 point Mjr
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/31/2021 10:19:30 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post   

This is crazy.

I think it is because one breeder enters her entire kennel in to one show per day.

This may be more difficult.

sad :(
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 12:36:41 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
This is crazy.

I think it is because one breeder enters her entire kennel in to one show per day.

This may be more difficult.

sad :(

Nah It makes it easier.

Few suggestions.

Wait until as late as possible to do your daily entries. Stick your dogs in the shows where the kennel is building up entries. They are using filler dogs that will be easy to beat. You should be able to pick off your majors as needed.

Shoot for group wins with judges that like your breed and will put up non champions. Leave your specials out of the same show. Take the BIG for the major.

Pre-enter your class dogs in every show a few days in advance. This will either cause the kennel to not enter and the point scale will drop next month or you will have handler advantages.

Your dogs are some of the best in cockers. You will prevail.

Will
 CandyTwo
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2021 6:44:57 PM reply with quote send message to CandyTwo Object to Post

What are UGH?
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 7:14:47 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

In a breed that has high concentrations of showings for whatever reason, a good trick to keeping the point schedule down is throw in one bitch and one male into their own show alone a few times a week, usually I pick one in which I think they may have a chance at group placings (or even best in show) this will bring the averages down a bit.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 7:43:31 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by DetroitKennel
In a breed that has high concentrations of showings for whatever reason, a good trick to keeping the point schedule down is throw in one bitch and one male into their own show alone a few times a week, usually I pick one in which I think they may have a chance at group placings (or even best in show) this will bring the averages down a bit.
So, you mean to enter them in a show with no other dogs to get the odd 1 or 2 points?
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 8:45:45 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Believe me, this is happening in every breed.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 9:00:53 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Tarot
Believe me, this is happening in every breed.
There are a lot of family accounts popping up that are acting as basically super kennels. It's gotten more frequent over the last few months.

Will
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2021 9:13:08 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
posted by DetroitKennel
So, you mean to enter them in a show with no other dogs to get the odd 1 or 2 points?

Yeap. Will bring down the average. Still interesting to see if get group placings, and the odd point doesn’t hurt. Usually will rotate through dogs (for example if I have a doggo who meets all major requirements but still needs and extra few points will definitely use them).
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2021 5:22:18 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Thanks for all the suggestions

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing