Search

.com Forum · Toy Fox Terrier

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Considering becoming active again
 lilstar
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/23/2021 3:58:09 PM reply with quote send message to lilstar Object to Post   

Hi Y’all! I used to play a while ago and glad to see many of my old dogs still listed as top winners for the breed. I realize much has changed and before I go premium was wondering if there are any decent bitches out there or if I’m better off starting off with source dogs at this point?

Thanks!
 Otterly
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/23/2021 4:17:34 PM reply with quote send message to Otterly Object to Post

Unless there's someone working on them secretly out there, starting from sources (or low SOP dogs) is gonna likely be your only option. There are some high SOP studs up, and I have another aging up in a few days, so you can cross to the higher SOP guys and hopefully make some progress. You can ask Blue Harmony Kennels, too, if they would be willing to help. Color genes seem to be pretty hard to work with in this breed, I'll say, but I'm trying.

I'll throw some bitches up for sale, nothing current SOP but it could help get you started.
 lilstar
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2021 5:51:27 AM reply with quote send message to lilstar Object to Post

Thanks Otterly! I would love to grab a 2-3 bitches for now. I did write to Blu and crossing my fingers. ??In the meantime I’m selling my sessions as I left this kennel in the negatives ???????
 Otterly
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2021 8:23:59 PM reply with quote send message to Otterly Object to Post

Oh no! Well hopefully you can recover financially quickly! Good luck and thanks for purchasing those girls!
 Blu Harmony Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2021 7:45:22 PM reply with quote send message to Blu Harmony Kennels Object to Post

If anyone ever wants a pup, please just offer, even just $1! I gave up color breeding, i got nowhere with them so just working on reviving the good SOP's now
 lilstar
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2021 8:59:00 PM reply with quote send message to lilstar Object to Post

Thank you!!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.