Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Kerry Blue Terriers
 Woxie SS
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/12/2021 5:11:18 PM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post   

I am interested in Kerry Blue Terriers. Does anyone have any available? Is it a closed group? Just learning about them in the virtual world, but seems no one is interested in putting them up for stud. Would love working with breeders to help one another.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/12/2021 5:56:19 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Unfortunately, that breed is dominated by a super kennel (has been for a long time). Not sure if they sell their dogs.
 wundaboy10
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2021 7:00:42 AM reply with quote send message to wundaboy10 Object to Post

Definitely a closed group, though people are working on breeding them, though I'm on upto about 30.0 should take about 4 or 5 months
 Woxie SS
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2021 7:31:54 AM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post

Thank you for your replies
That is unfortunate, it is always to everyone's advantage to help one another. If I can ever help anyone out please contact me.
 Sardonyx 3
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/21/2021 6:02:53 PM reply with quote send message to Sardonyx 3 Object to Post

I once had a whole kennel of Kerries who were all sessioned to try and keep up with the super kennel but it was impossible. Try the breed directory as there maybe kennels with the odd Kerry who will sell.
 Woxie SS
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2021 5:19:08 PM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post

I have contacted several kbt kennels, only 2 responded. 1 saying when they had anything would contact me, we shall see. The other has 25 to 30 bitches and 8 or 10 males. Said she couldn't spare any, not even puppies. I had hoped a breeder would give some feedback.

Could someone maybe explain the purpose of the super kennel? Is the person or persons so insecure they don't want any competition?

Opinions or explanations are greatly appreciated.
 wundaboy10
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2021 5:56:52 PM reply with quote send message to wundaboy10 Object to Post

They may have worked hard to get where they are, and I don't blame them for not selling.

You can breed and get there within 6 months I'm 1 month in lol
 Set On Setters
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2021 3:00:21 PM reply with quote send message to Set On Setters Object to Post

Though they have taken the studs away lol my opinion only don't shoot me 'childish'
 Dream4
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2021 8:02:12 PM reply with quote send message to Dream4 Object to Post

Very childish. Could it be they are afraid of competition? Hmmm....
 MoonKennels17
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2021 11:25:30 AM reply with quote send message to MoonKennels17 Object to Post

This seems to happen in certain breeds. I don't get it. Alaskan Klee Kais are facing this issue now too.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2021 12:41:51 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Same thing in Azawhak. I can never spell that.

I attempted to get into the breed. Was able to purchase a nice female from someone who put her up for sale but when I went hunting studs, not a single one. And when I reached out to the other kennels they were disengaging and even though they had multiple males, they wouldn’t allow access. I didn’t get it but hey, to each their own. I FHed the female and moved on.
 Woxie SS
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2021 3:51:11 PM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post

Anyone interested in getting started on KBT's, please let me know. I don't have any high sop's right now but I will help the best that I can.

Ravinia Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2021 7:02:40 PM reply with quote send message to Ravinia Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi, I use to be in Kerry’s and I left because competing with the super kennel was just annoying. It definitely wasn’t because I couldn’t keep up.. it was because they would put all of their dogs in 1 show with all the handlers.. leaving you with either competing with them regardless with a terrible handler and not winning. Or entering another show where there are no entries thus you couldn’t win points anyways. So I left. I claimed a couple of my old Kerry’s if you want them. I won’t be joining the breed back again tho.

-----
Last edited by Ravinia Kennels on 7/1/2021 7:04:13 PM
 Woxie SS
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2021 9:32:20 PM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post

Yes, I would love to have them. Thank you.
 Woxie SS
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2021 9:32:54 PM reply with quote send message to Woxie SS Object to Post

Yes, I would love to have them. Thank you.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler