Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Session?
 TR Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/29/2021 11:41:38 AM reply with quote send message to TR Kennels Object to Post   

Once you get to all twentys is it beneficial to continue sessioning your show dogs?
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2021 7:59:41 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I don't know any science or proof behind it but I always session training on an especially nice dog or one I am trying to finish amongst competition. It seems to up my odds, in my personal experience.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2021 10:38:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I would agree with Fourlorn. It all about those hidden decimals.

Training is usually the last one to hit 20 and it is the only one that is solely based on sessioning. The others factors with good food will actually go up the last few numbers themselves so, technically the food looks after those hidden decimals while you continue to session for training.

I actually keep everyone on premium food all the time - it generally makes little difference to the bottom line for me.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 6/29/2021 10:38:43 PM

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing