Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Game Reset
 Manday Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/2/2021 11:15:55 AM reply with quote send message to Manday Kennels Object to Post   

I am curious if there will be another reset since so many breeds are at 100 SOP?
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2021 12:34:31 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Last time Jeff said there would not be.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2021 12:34:31 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Last time Jeff said there would not be.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/4/2021 8:01:19 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I kind of wish there would be, but if not I’m happy too I suppose.
 Manday Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2021 10:07:43 AM reply with quote send message to Manday Kennels Object to Post

Me too! When the entire breed is at 100 SOP you cant tell which dogs are the most competitive. I am sure from the technology side its probably a big pain to reset though so I can see it from both sides but it would be nice for this to be an option if the majority of players in the game agreed. Maybe we should ask Jeff to do a voting poll on the subject?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2021 2:08:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You need to get together as a breeder's group and agree to reset the breed yourselves. Just get a couple of starter dogs and breed them to those 100's.

Leave the rest of us out of it!

If all breeds are reset as has been done in the past, all of the other breeds get set back too. Yes, it maintains the status quo, but those who have been struggling to get there will never achieve 100's!

If you have reached 100, think of it as having crossed the finish line! You have won! Congratulations! Give the rest of us a chance.

Start again with a self-imposed reset, or pick another breed.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 9/5/2021 2:10:52 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/6/2021 1:38:18 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
You need to get together as a breeder's group and agree to reset the breed yourselves. Just get a couple of starter dogs and breed them to those 100's.

….

-----

That’s what I’m doing at this point with GSDs. Gives me a challenge!
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2021 9:33:34 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

posted by Little River Kennel
posted by gaylanstudio

….

-----

Pick another breed because there will always be that one kennel that will ruin any titles you try to get on new source lines. It never used to be this way.
 Raconteur Trois
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2021 11:32:04 AM reply with quote send message to Raconteur Trois Object to Post

I've started from scratch in Lakelands, Briards, and Lowchen as a "self imposed reset". It's been a fun challenge and interesting color project. In all three premi accounts, I have purchased several starters and have not used outside studs at all.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2021 3:35:46 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

posted by Black Raven Kennels
posted by gaylanstudio

….

-----

Pick another breed because there will always be that one kennel that will ruin any titles you try to get on new source lines. It never used to be this way.

Ah, well I’m mostly doing it for fun as a project. But I just added Bloodhounds to my kennel.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2021 7:57:46 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

I offered on a non-popular breed that was listed for sale, and instead I was told they were just trolling the other members of the breed.

I don't understand why, but I think that's terrible to do to a breed. I'm randomly looking through other not-so-popular breeds that I may ask if they want help. After this weird event (NEVER in my years of SD have I seen this behavior!), I will be making sure dogs are really for sale.

I wish we could have sop restricted shows for lower sop dogs for folks that do want to breed from scratch. I just don't see fairness in ruining people trying to have fun I guess. I'll look at some of the breeds listed in this thread a bit later. happy :)
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/19/2021 7:53:19 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I offered on a non-popular breed that was listed for sale, and instead I was told they were just trolling the other members of the breed.

I don't understand why, but I think that's terrible to do to a breed. I'm randomly looking through other not-so-popular breeds that I may ask if they want help. After this weird event (NEVER in my years of SD have I seen this behavior!), I will be making sure dogs are really for sale.

I wish we could have sop restricted shows for lower sop dogs for folks that do want to breed from scratch. I just don't see fairness in ruining people trying to have fun I guess. I'll look at some of the breeds listed in this thread a bit later. happy :)

Did you report them? I don’t think it’s fair to have people on here trying to drag down the rest of the site, while paying members are trying to play legitimately.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/20/2021 2:14:41 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Did you report them? I don’t think it’s fair to have people on here trying to drag down the rest of the site, while paying members are trying to play legitimately.

I did and nothing happened, as expected. Now, before anyone says that's how it goes, stop and think about the hard work we're putting into source type dogs.

I wish that finishing their dogs counted for my champions finished records at the very least, as they refuse stud service unless you're one of their friends. Which I certainly am not lmao. This is Alaskan Klee Kais. Already a low popular breed... I'm not shy to mention what breed it is. OR...they're just a mass kennel which I also asked staff about with no answer. Thought there was a limit between sales and what not between kennels...

I won't be ran out of that breed, which is what they're hoping to do. If anyone has any AKKs in the 70+ range they can reclaim, I would pay the reclaim fee no problem.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/21/2021 9:53:42 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Good luck. I’m not in that breed but I’m working on Bloodhounds right now as a project. It sure is hard.
 Blue Twist
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2021 3:55:57 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Twist Object to Post

Kerry Blue Terrier kennels are the same way. No help or stud service. Will not even respond to a message. If anyone is interested in KBTs message me.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/21/2021 4:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

How long have you been in SD? The game was pretty cutthroat in it's early years.

People seem to forget this is a game.

Will
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 3:53:43 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

posted by BarStar

How long have you been in SD? The game was pretty cutthroat in it's early years.

People seem to forget this is a game.

Will

I started playing in May of 2005, Revolver Dobermans was my first kennel. I remember how crazy some of the breeds were, think it was one of the toy breeds that had their forum disabled at one point for awhile. I also remember handler hogging - the birth of excessive handler fees, the race for handlers on new shows listed, "reset" the first Dane to reach 100 (I own Equity Danes here too).

What bothered me was the nastiness they showed my daughter (and her friend) before I took the kennel back, including the GSD I had re subbed for my kid's friend. We work with foreign exchange students via zoom and they were going to play together on here. Both left.

I do hope they read this. I'm not shy to say who it is, but I don't have to do that. Just go ask the AKK breeders and see who responds nicely and nasty, and the excuses used. (Not worth the time).
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 3:57:48 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

posted by Blue Twist
Kerry Blue Terrier kennels are the same way. No help or stud service. Will not even respond to a message. If anyone is interested in KBTs message me.
You've got that super kennel in your breed that messes it all up for the rest, and it's painfully obvious by the names they're the same account. I thought we weren't supposed to have super kennels...(sarcasm...we all know it's not supposed to happen).

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.