Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Ironic
 Blue Twist
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/8/2021 4:19:42 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Twist Object to Post   

If a kennel asks for help with bloodlines and someone steps up to help, but original kennel refuses to help anyone; how ironic is that?
 raincloudkennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2022 12:51:30 AM reply with quote send message to raincloudkennel Object to Post

Story of my life on here. They'll use my studs but not put their own up and when I ask if they can, excuses are made. * shrugs * Guess studs need approval now, it's not fair to do the ones helping out.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2022 2:22:34 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Apparently people forget this is a GAME. I don't get it.
 raincloudkennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2022 2:32:16 PM reply with quote send message to raincloudkennel Object to Post

What I don't get is how people playing this GAME seem to somehow forget they once started out too, with help from others who understood the concept of teamwork.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2022 6:11:02 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by raincloudkennel
What I don't get is how people playing this GAME seem to somehow forget they once started out too, with help from others who understood the concept of teamwork.
Oh you are so right.
There are always bad players to any game.

Carol
 raincloudkennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2022 10:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to raincloudkennel Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
posted by raincloudkennel
Oh you are so right.
There are always bad players to any game.

Carol

It's a shame, really discouraging in any game. I also play World of Warcraft, that amount of jerks probably is in the world record book by now. I play these games to relax and decompress from real life. I am a Mortician, that alone should explain why I look to games for fun. Diamond painting, dog training/showing, other things, but still. It's sad that even on a game we can't escape the crap that comes with real life dog competitions and improving breeds. Oh well. I don't let a few people impact helping others who didn't do anything wrong.
 Jolitar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/14/2022 5:09:42 AM reply with quote send message to Jolitar Object to Post

I helped someone with a different breed from one of my other kennels.
I let them have a gold ch which I would have prefered to keep. She gave then the highest SOP in the breed. They left the breed rehoming both the dogs without offering them back to me first. I was really dissappointed.
 Crazy4Chows
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2022 10:01:05 AM reply with quote send message to Crazy4Chows Object to Post

I used to play this game years ago and there were more players and it \was lots of fun and one made friends. Now several breeds seem to want exclusive access. I am trying to lower a 10.+ in one breed and the other players have taken the studs few studs who carry the lower than 10 trait off the stud list (even to eliminating them) now I find that my studs are the only ones up for breeding. This is a game, why can't we share our stock instead of closing ranks on unknown players. This is supposed to be fun not a like and death struggle for supremacy.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2022 10:57:56 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by Crazy4Chows
I used to play this game years ago and there were more players and it \was lots of fun and one made friends. Now several breeds seem to want exclusive access. I am trying to lower a 10.+ in one breed and the other players have taken the studs few studs who carry the lower than 10 trait off the stud list (even to eliminating them) now I find that my studs are the only ones up for breeding. This is a game, why can't we share our stock instead of closing ranks on unknown players. This is supposed to be fun not a like and death struggle for supremacy.
‘Back in the day’ people were more generous but there were some, in Cockers at least, who were playing ‘close to the chest’ so to speak. In Welsh Springers, there was none of that. People had their dogs up for stud or did when you asked them.

The breed forums were far more chatty than they are now but then Facebook wasn’t around when I started.

Carol

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.