Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Hidden Studs and Hidden Sales
 fresco road
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/10/2021 8:59:05 PM reply with quote send message to fresco road Object to Post   

I have been chasing down hidden studs across my kennels for projects and such and I have actually really been enjoying the hunt. I was thinking about tracking them and putting them here so others can take advantage as well.

And today I learned that there can be hidden sale dogs too! I was going through Azawakhs and discovered a sale that was pretty old and wasn't showing under the sale page.

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17296472

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 10:07:22 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Wow, that's fascinating actually. I had assumed the sales at some point expired!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 4:26:36 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Certain sales do expire. I think the QuickLists do but I'm not sure. I do think that if a subbed account puts a dog up for sale without approval then drops to Basic, the sale remains valid forever.

I found a couple of Harrier studs that way. Unfortunately they died after having bred four or so starter bitches - they were really old. I got two litters and someone else I think got a couple. These had been FH'd even so the money went to the "Loving Family" (helped to put the kids through college). I'm not sure how this worked. Also I can't remember for sure but I think they may have got un-neutered in the process. I believe it happens if they are placed up for sale, then FH'd while still for sale and that flag sticks.

Yeah, the search is kind of compelling but time consuming - I checked the offspring of several Merit award dogs. Unfortunately no girls to be found.

Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 6:46:23 PM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

It is seriously time-consuming. But I managed to necromance a pair of new studs today. Little River, I put them up for stud if you are interested.

Hopefully, they can hang on for a few days.
 Canmore Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 7:33:51 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore Kennels Object to Post

Wow! Those are oldies! Mine were only 6 to 8 hundred. Good luck.
 Virgoat
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2021 12:02:25 AM reply with quote send message to Virgoat Object to Post

Actually if y’all can help me find more studs or dogs for sell in the Appenzeller Sennenhund breed that would be great! I joined the breed because I noticed that the very last breeder was leaving and I took up all their stock and was able to find one really old stud left, who is about to die any day now. I’ve used him as much as I can, but I know it’s going to get tricky down the line and I would have to bring in some source dogs to keep up with the breed. I’ve been looking for more.. there are several kennels with dogs in them but they haven’t logged in ages sad :(
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/12/2021 7:07:56 AM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

Virgoat- give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can do. I am enjoying the dig, so hopefully, something comes up that can help!
 Blanquita
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2021 1:26:30 PM reply with quote send message to Blanquita Object to Post

How do I find the "hidden" studs/sales? I just rejoined the game (left in 2013) and am slowly remembering how to do everything >_<
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2021 2:28:39 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Check the Harrier Hound forum - some tips and suggestions there.

Be prepared to do some hunting.
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2021 1:08:47 PM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

I started working on a doc to keep track of hidden studs. It's in progress and I have only done a handful of breeds so far, but here's the link for everyone to check out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mUqlFhWacgcgibzfl45aEgjLvnz7iU2rQBiRAVKwcLM/edit?usp=sharing

It's coming along in fits and starts, so if I haven't done your breed, feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to put that one up next.

This is not an all-encompassing list, usually I will dig 20-ish minutes per breed and hopefully get at least one stud. Usually one leads to more though.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2021 11:22:50 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Shelmast has some nice Tibetan Mastiff studs available still.

https://www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=shelmast

Replies in this thread : 10

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.