Search

.com Forum · Terrier Breeds

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : need help
 sukuna
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/5/2021 6:17:49 PM reply with quote send message to sukuna Object to Post   

we brought our dog to the vet near us and they said that he has a ruptured ligament on his back left leg and needs to undergo a surgery. we didnt want to consider it first since it is a surgery and it is expensive so we get a second opinion in the https://tplonashville.com/ who specializes in tplo surgery and they also said the same sad :(
we do not have that much money and is there any chance that we do it in a non surgical treatment?
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2021 9:13:00 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Hello,
I am sorry to hear your dog is having medical problems. A licensed vet who has personally examined your dog is the only one qualified to give medical advice, not strangers on the internet. The vets will have given you any and all viable options. I would look into seeing if they would be amendable to a payment plan, or you could look into Care Credit. https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/
Here is a link, they will finance medical costs for pets, up to five thousand dollars I believe depending on your credit score/qualification. It is a good option if you are struggling to come up with the funds.
Good luck, I hope you are able to figure it out.
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2021 10:26:30 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

Wise words from Detroit Kennels.

Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2022 11:54:12 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I recently had a similar issue. I believe it is possible for this to heal with lots of rest and restricted activity. I have considered the surgery and have not ruled it out.

Consult a physiotherapist if there is one in your area. This is apparently more successful with smaller dogs - mine is a cocker (25 lbs). It's 12 weeks since his injury. He is walking, running, jumping onto the bed. The leg is weaker, possibly because of the lack of exercise (this is where the physio comes in).

I've been allowing a bit more exercise for a few weeks now but easy-does-it! The last thing you want is to rush things and have him/her re-injure that leg or possible injure the other that is mow going to be taking on more of the load.

Talk to your vet about alternatives if the surgery is not financially doable.

Good luck and best wishes

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.