Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : Who has been playing long enough to remember when…..
 Carolyn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/9/2022 7:16:41 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post   

…June and Edna Dixon were top handlers?

My hand is up.

Cheers,
Carolyn
(Player since November 2003)
 jdoyle
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2022 6:52:24 AM reply with quote send message to jdoyle Object to Post

Yes, I remember those days too, Carolyn.

Joan
(playing since November 2003)
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2022 2:25:51 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

As well as the midnight handler rush.
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 9:37:34 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I remember them. Now, I don't even pick handlers as no one is showing in my breed but me. Been playing since 2005

WishMaker

-----
Last edited by WishMaker on 1/23/2022 9:38:28 AM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 9:41:44 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Remember when we could use unsessioned dogs to fill up shows and take all the good handlers.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 3:44:07 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Remember when we could use unsessioned dogs to fill up shows and take all the good handlers.
LOL!
Ya, I remember those days!

Peren Troy was a top handler back in the day.

I will never forget the SD newsletters that someone made up.
Peren Troy was accused of having an affair with Justin LOL

chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2022 5:09:25 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

I have been playing since 2003. However I don't remember who the top handlers were back then.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2022 11:16:19 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

That newsletter was AWESOME!
 Model A Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/14/2022 5:19:38 AM reply with quote send message to Model A Kennels Object to Post

ahhh...the good old days
 bsgkid
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 8:58:32 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkid Object to Post

My hand is up, too. Remember when it was called the "pool of 40 judges"? Look how many there are now! So many have retired and come back....
Mary
(Player since September 2003)
 bsgkid
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 9:00:52 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkid Object to Post

Next year, Jeff is going to have to bestow on us the 20 year award! Wowsers!

Maybe we lifers can get a special "reward" for our longevity, like maybe the chance to purchase an additional 5 slots(total of 40)? Any other ideas?

-----
Last edited by bsgkid on 2/16/2022 9:06:59 PM
 KyanKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/24/2022 11:01:18 AM reply with quote send message to KyanKennel Object to Post

I remember when litters didn’t settle until I think 10 days old.
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/26/2022 12:50:05 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

I had forgotten that!! Sure made for a few nail-biting times.
Cheers!
Carolyn
 Mistys
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2022 8:19:35 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post

How about when SOP wasnt part of the game lol. And when it started becoming a thing people paid attention too, it was still seperate from the game itself you had to go to skipwalls site and manually enter each dogs stats! I've been playing since the beginning but under several different accounts over the years,its been so long its an automatic habit,I dont know how to not play lol

-----
Last edited by Mistys on 3/2/2022 8:20:26 PM
 Raconteur
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2022 5:18:12 PM reply with quote send message to Raconteur Object to Post

posted by Mistys
How about when SOP wasnt part of the game lol. And when it started becoming a thing people paid attention too, it was still seperate from the game itself you had to go to skipwalls site and manually enter each dogs stats! I've been playing since the beginning but under several different accounts over the years,its been so long its an automatic habit,I dont know how to not play lol

-----

yaaaaaaas I was trying to remember what the site was called! I think they also had the spreadsheet on what handlers did best under what judges?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2022 4:43:18 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Mistys
How about when SOP wasnt part of the game lol. And when it started becoming a thing people paid attention too, it was still seperate from the game itself you had to go to skipwalls site and manually enter each dogs stats! I've been playing since the beginning but under several different accounts over the years,its been so long its an automatic habit,I dont know how to not play lol-----

What other kennels have you had previously?

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2022 4:47:54 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

yaaaaaaas I was trying to remember what the site was called! I think they also had the spreadsheet on what handlers did best under what judges?
I hated the spreadsheet. I just memorized the judges and their preferences for handlers and traits. lol

Will
 Mistys
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/3/2022 9:07:03 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Mistys
How about when SOP wasnt part of the game lol. And when it started becoming a thing people paid attention too, it was still seperate from the game itself you had to go to skipwalls site and manually enter each dogs stats! I've been playing since the beginning but under several different accounts over the years,its been so long its an automatic habit,I dont know how to not play lol-----

What other kennels have you had previously?

Will

Mostly variations on the names Happy and Misty, Misty Crazy, Happy Tails,etc I cant really remember beyond that lol but my original breed I played with was American Eskimos. when I started playing I had 2 border collies in RL, Happy and Misty.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/4/2022 11:22:29 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

The good ol' days indeed. I've been here since Jan 2008 and I had 15 kennels. You could actuallyl study judges back then but to be honest, now with so many, it's just too hard. I'm down to 5 kennels but always battling with that 30 dog limit. I should make a new judges spreadsheet but can't seem to work up the enthusiasm. And the settling at 10 days did certainly make for some high food bills and suspense. It was great.

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.