Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Maybe it shouldn’t annoy me but…
 Carolyn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/5/2022 11:51:58 AM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post   

A player with 4 Basic kennels, that I know of.

Many know to whom I refer.

I have no idea if they also have paid accounts.

No player is intended to have more than 1 Basic account. The player, when queried by another, stated each Basic kennel is under a different email. Not the way the majority of us play…….unless I am very naïve.

Anyone else annoyed?

C
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/5/2022 3:18:26 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

It doesn't bother me as much as it would have in the past. At the very least, It creates a potential buyer for dogs and competition in shows if they show.

Will
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/5/2022 4:03:46 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

YES!

I even quoted directly from the help page on a thread RE. multiple accounts and of course have had no response. I'm sorry but it's not fair to exploit the game in that way when the majority of us are paying to play it fairly!

-----
Last edited by Pembroke Pixie Kennel on 4/5/2022 4:04:11 PM

Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2022 10:45:44 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I'm sort of with BarStar on this. I do think that this multi Basic should have at least one paid account. Otherwise they are really totality riding on the coin of those who do pay and it is taking unfair advantage of the "loopholes".

I have 4 standard size Families, I don't feel there should be anything wrong with one free account with every Family. (Note - I do not have any at the moment although I have had in the past.)

I'm not terribly concerned about it as it does add somewhat to the competition putting more dogs in the ring. I would however be more upset if these multi-Basics are spawning new Basics every month in order to keep breeding. The game has to keep generating more real money income than the cost in expenses and man-hours than it takes to keep it going.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/5/2022 10:50:06 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Apparently the game feels that I am too long-winded . . . Lol!
 Dustmop Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/7/2022 4:43:33 PM reply with quote send message to Dustmop Kennels Object to Post

I also know the player in question and actually sold them dogs before I realized multiple Basic kennels.

my question Is the SAME person playing all the accounts themselves or is this a large family of people who all share one or two computers?

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/8/2022 6:07:49 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It's one user.

https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=1422217

Their initial post was a long gripe about not being able to do more with their kennel. The issue was paying to "do more" (breed more). I guess they figured out the loophole rather quickly.

https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=1412158

I also think if they are going to operate multiple kennels, they should have one paid or stick or one basic kennel. The rest of us pay and would like to continue to see this website up and running, if that means a $5 monthly contribution.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 4/8/2022 6:09:20 AM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.