Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : New to Game - I Have Some Questions
 Goldcrest Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/20/2022 3:28:21 PM reply with quote send message to Goldcrest Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello everyone,
I am new to this game and would like some help.
I would like to do Border Collies and have purchased some females. I have read the help page, and would like some advice from actual users.
Why can I only breed for a month? What is the purpose of that rule?
After reading the help page, it seems that the game is somewhat biased against basic users. Why is that?
I would also like to be a sessioning kennel for premium users, but I have not seen anyone wanting that. What should I do?
Thank You,
Julie

-----
Last edited by Goldcrest Kennel on 4/20/2022 3:28:51 PM
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/20/2022 3:49:33 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Hello and welcome to the game!
To use premium features you have to pay, and breeding is one of those features. This site requires upkeep and the creators of the game deserve to be compensated for their work. You are allowed to have one free basic account that will let you show dogs and experience a basic version of the game, but to be able to access premium features like long term breeding, having a higher dog limit etc you have to pay for a subscription.
That being said, you can still enjoy showing dogs with a basic subscription, as there are usually show quality dogs available in most breeds. Premium users also have more session options and can buy sessions so honestly the concept of running a “sessioning kennel” is not something that’s needed for premium users they can usually session their own dogs fine and do not need other to session dogs for them.
I will also attach a helpful new user guide that another user created below that’s good for newcomers:

https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848

Good luck!

-----
Last edited by DetroitKennel on 4/20/2022 3:50:16 PM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/20/2022 4:07:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Basics in the past were able to offer sessioning services to make extra money. Now, the game provides an abundance of sessions for premiums to use and sessioning services are no longer needed.

We've had many basics over the years do extremely well in the game. I've seen them become top ranked kennels from showing just the five dogs allowed. Some create relationships with premium members who keep them stocked up with top quality dogs to show. When one is retired, the breeder will provide them with another to repeat the process.

This is one of the few games I've ever played where most features were available for the freebie accounts. Breeding is really the only major feature that you are missing out on.

Good luck in the game!

Will

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/20/2022 9:16:01 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

If you should decide to go down the puppy purchasing route in the future, ask the breeder to put your pup, on to a custom premium puppy food before you buy it. You can't do this on a basic account.
The customized puppy food will help raise your pups condition much quicker.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 4/20/2022 9:20:25 PM
 Goldcrest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2022 11:07:09 AM reply with quote send message to Goldcrest Kennel Object to Post

Detroit Kennel
Thanks for the explanation, and the guide was really helpful!

BarStar
Thank you. I like the partnering idea.

Aussiewolfsister
Cool, thanks!

shinra
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2022 2:25:50 PM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post

Goldcrest - would be happy to partner up and help ya! Shoot me a PM

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.