Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Is there any interest in reviving Chihuahuas in the game?
 Killick
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/27/2022 9:54:25 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I played Chihuahuas in two of my kennels but in the last few months, I have simply been competing with myself, so to speak. So, I now play them out of this kennel only. There are no other active Chi players at the moment.

They can be a Group placing breed and with a couple more players, SOP can increase.

Is there any interest, serious interest, in helping me revive the breed? Long-time established players are the most reliable but, hey, if you are new to the game, feel free to jump on board.

If there is no serious interest, I am considering dropping the breed. When I started playing SD again a couple of years ago, after a four year break, there were still 5 or 6 active Chi players.

I have been a player since 2003 so I have seen many breeds come and go.

This is my top Chihuahua at the moment and will soon age out of showing.

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17895055

Let me know.

Cheers!

-----
Last edited by Killick on 4/27/2022 9:56:35 AM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/27/2022 3:26:47 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I'd hate to see another Toy breed fall to the wayside. I can't open another standard kennel right now but I can take a few girls here to breed and add to the show pool, if that would be helpful.

Let me know happy :)
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/27/2022 4:57:05 PM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

I sent you a pm.
Thanks.
 Dustmop Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/29/2022 2:56:19 PM reply with quote send message to Dustmop Kennels Object to Post

let me clear out some really old stock onto the couch and I will take a few. I'm with Comet hate to lose another toy breed.
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/29/2022 4:00:16 PM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

Thanks guys!

I have a litter due Tuesday and one Wednesday. Also, tomorrow I will be breeding my highest SOP girl. She will be 118 days tomorrow and won’t be shown any more.

Hoping for some high SOP pups.

Cheers
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2022 8:20:32 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

Thanks for the offers of help.

I have had a few litters now. Other than those I will keep, there are three that I have listed for sale. Two are definitely finishable and the third could finish but has a low shine.

Feel free to offer $1 on any of these.

Cheers!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2022 1:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Purchased one happy :)

I also bred Takes Me Back to another hidden stud to add some more low COI dogs to the mix.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/11/2022 7:32:19 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

If anyone is interested in a brood, I've placed this girl up on approval. She's been a great starter, thanks to Killick happy :)

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17753037
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/12/2022 11:22:44 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

I picked up the above bitch. I can help a little while on my quest to finish a home bred champ in every breed. I'm at 109/188. When I'm done, I'll circle back around to see which breeds need long term help.

It seems so many breeds are waning at the same time. That's why I started on the quest. I like to find hidden studs and help boost the SOPs and lower the COIs. Thanks for reaching out!
 Breezy Oak
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/13/2022 7:55:47 AM reply with quote send message to Breezy Oak Object to Post

Hi there I’d love to help! Just upgraded this kennel of my family account just for this purpose! Going to see what’s available ??
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/22/2022 2:58:30 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Okay, the above listed bitch has whelped, so I put her back on the sale boards.
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17753037
I found another old stud. The SOP was less, but all the pups' COIs are reset to zero. Once I finish a pup, I'll put them all on the sale boards. I'll try to post here again when that happens.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2022 8:24:28 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Finished my first Chi in style with a group win happy :)

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18025346

I hope to have her bred in two days and get more dogs into the ring soon!
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/27/2022 4:48:48 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

Yay!!!!
Congratulations
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/3/2022 3:04:38 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

No girls out of my recent litter but I have this guy, 96.5, if anyone is interested. I'm keeping his brother:

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18058284
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/3/2022 3:32:54 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
No girls out of my recent litter but I have this guy, 96.5, if anyone is interested. I'm keeping his brother:

I offered from my basic. I can session and show him, then make available for stud.

Will
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/3/2022 3:40:35 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Comet Poodles

I offered from my basic. I can session and show him, then make available for stud.

Will

Thank you!
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/10/2022 12:35:06 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Okay, I finished my pup, so there are 4 more dogs on the sale boards with 0% COI.That should help those looking for studs.
 Irish Freedom Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2022 5:30:35 PM reply with quote send message to Irish Freedom Kennels Object to Post

My husband and I are both doing Chihuahuas now. He is Fenian Kennel. He’s going to be doing some more colour things I think with his dogs. I’m just Chihuahua mad because my in-home service dog is a Chihuahua and he’s my best in show, so why not have him in a game, too?
 Race Point
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/15/2022 9:08:58 PM reply with quote send message to Race Point Object to Post

I would be willing to jump in and help out as soon as I sell a couple of dogs and get more money!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2022 2:27:45 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Hi all and welcome!

I don't have any extra dogs to offer right now, but hopefully some more nice dogs drop in future litters that I can sell.

I am also thinking of opening up another kennel to move the operation as my Poodles require all of my attention here lol
I just cannot think of a good kennel name so that's on hold for now.
 Vintage Toys
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/22/2022 8:28:53 AM reply with quote send message to Vintage Toys Object to Post

Comet here happy :) I moved all of my Chis to this new kennel so I can expand. I will dabble in some other breeds as well here.

More litters on the 26th, hoping I have nice surplus to sell.

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler