Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Gotta love it - it's never the ones you think it will be
 Cosmonauts Terriers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/2/2022 11:01:27 AM reply with quote send message to Cosmonauts Terriers Object to Post   

Hello all! Just had to share this cause I think it's kinda funny. I have a bitch that I wasn't really all that excited about. Her mother hadn't produced much for me and I had other pups that I thought were better. I decided I did want to try and finish her though and then I would probably retire her.

She finished in 4 shows - never less than Best Of Winners and last night, she went BIS!

All the planning, looking at pedigrees, putting pups in shows to figure out the best one and a bitch I didn't plan to show and nearly FH'd turns out to be one of the best I've bred. laugh :D

Now I'm gonna wonder every time I FH a pup, if that one was another one like her. Lol!
 CityofDetroit
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 11:19:18 AM reply with quote send message to CityofDetroit Object to Post

Congratulations on the BIS! It is funny how it’s sometimes the ones you really don’t think will be much that turn out to be some of the best dogs.
 Cosmonauts Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 12:13:05 PM reply with quote send message to Cosmonauts Terriers Object to Post

posted by CityofDetroit
Congratulations on the BIS! It is funny how it’s sometimes the ones you really don’t think will be much that turn out to be some of the best dogs.
Thank you! It really shocked me when I saw it.

May have to eventually breed her to Cuban Cigar - 2 BIS winners as parents! wink ;)

Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 12:14:39 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Congratulations on the win.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 1:36:06 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Congrats, and yes it makes you start to doubt everything you have been doing. Like it's not hard enough to decide what to keep, right?

Breeding BIS to BIS sounds great but, well you know what I mean.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 1:36:08 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Congrats, and yes it makes you start to doubt everything you have been doing. Like it's not hard enough to decide what to keep, right?

Cosmonauts Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2022 3:11:12 PM reply with quote send message to Cosmonauts Terriers Object to Post

posted by Tarot

Exactly! I'm over my limit right now and I already couldn't decide who to FH to get back under. Now I'm really having an even harder time. Lol!

Oh, I know that breeding BIS to BIS would be the same crapshoot it always is but it would be fun to try. happy :)
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2022 4:13:19 AM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post

Congrats and I hear you! I used to have. A straightforward plan for my kennel before Afghans hit 100 SOP. Now I’m forced to sell or FH 100 Sops cuz ya can’t keep ‘em all ?? but I never know if I’m keeping “the right one”.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2022 1:37:29 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Right now I am showing I think 10 of them. And that's just one of my breeds (though the main one). Today I havev to go through and decide which ones I really want to show and which ones need to stay home. But then how many can you have just staying home on the couch eating? It never ends.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.