Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Puppy
 Country’s kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/7/2022 3:08:20 PM reply with quote send message to Country’s kennels Object to Post   

Looking for a German shorthair pointer
Puppy
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/7/2022 5:22:32 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Have you contacted the breeders on here?
 Country’s kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2022 12:33:29 AM reply with quote send message to Country’s kennels Object to Post

Yes with no luck
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2022 7:02:29 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I see there is only one. sad :(
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2022 7:15:04 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Look at Arienna's champion lists and see if anyone has some offspring from their studs still alive. You might be able to see if someone can reclaim one.

It's sad too see how slowly the game is dying. Current GSPs are 99.1 to 99.2 ish in SOP.

I finished a GSP over three years ago on my finished Ch list that was a 99.25.

Will

Country’s kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2022 9:22:02 PM reply with quote send message to Country’s kennels Object to Post

Where would I find that list?
 Goldcrest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2022 10:33:07 PM reply with quote send message to Goldcrest Kennel Object to Post

posted by Country’s kennels
Where would I find that list?
Click on the kennel, and go to the right hand side. There you will see a box titled with the word 'Links'.
Click on Champions bred or Grand champions bred(I would try both) Pick a name and click on it. On the Right hand side of the dog's page will be another box titled 'Links' - Click on all offspring and look through to see if anything is still alive. Then ask the breeder to reclaim it if you can.
Wishing you luck on your venture,
Julie
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2022 8:07:47 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by BarStar
It's sad too see how slowly the game is dying. Current GSPs are 99.1 to 99.2 ish in SOP.
I don't know if it is so much that the game is dying - so many breeds have users/kennels/super kennels that don't share dogs. So, new users or those looking into family accounts sometimes can't join breeds they like.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2022 2:13:10 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

That is so sad that users won’t share dogs.

Many times I have sold puppies, brood bitches and Champions to new members. I have been burned a couple of times from Basics but I don’t let that stop me. They are just pixels anyways

Carol

Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2022 4:47:20 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I have tried to help preserve so many breeds . . .

I have several projects going to save breeds or particular colours, especially those colours that are common and/or considered more correct in real life. They all get stalled cuz I run out of space trying to keep this one because of this trait and that one because of another trait.

I wonder if this might help. What if we could get Jeff to run a database scan and put up for stud every available male in every kennel that has been idle for say the past 3 months? The programming would not be that complex. Perhaps make "Forever Homes" available for say, 24 hours.

Perhaps some incentive to encourage folks to put up their studs and place unwanted dogs for sale for a few days. They could be made not to count toward the limit and upkeep costs cancelled.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2022 6:15:31 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Back years ago, We asked Jeff to filter out old studs from inactive kennels because they littered the stud lists. Remember this would have been when the game was extremely active and had thousands of active players.

Maybe It's time to see if Jeff can remove the filters and allow all living studs and for sale dogs to be actively shown on the list.

Will

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.