Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 19

Author Topic : Looking for some new breeds
 Irish Freedom Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/25/2022 11:44:48 PM reply with quote send message to Irish Freedom Kennels Object to Post   

I have a whole new series of accounts with no dogs in them yet. I am looking for certain things in a breed.

Dogs are available at stud and for sale, or if no stud dogs up, breeders will put dogs up if asked.

Enough entries to make finishing a quality dog possible.

Players are civil to one another and enjoy seeing their dogs succeed with others.

If possible, a breed where other colour lines could be developed but are lacking…

So, which breeds should I choose? Which breeds need help?

—Saoirse, West Belfast
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 7:10:17 AM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post

Hi,
Come to Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I’m working on the feet/head trait but color could easily be incorporated into a program. I could start you off nicely, or take a look in the sale section.

Best,
Delia’s
 Sweet Frog Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 8:28:56 AM reply with quote send message to Sweet Frog Kennel Object to Post

Brussels Griffon! Lots to do in this breed. We have smooth and rough coats in red, black,belge, and Black and Tan with some of those colors hardly ever seen. Studs galore and sells are great. Shows are there and specialties aren’t a problem either. Check um out!
 TR Hounds
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 8:48:36 AM reply with quote send message to TR Hounds Object to Post

Check out Cane Corso, Harrier, Saluki, and Siberian Husky. There are many great breeds out there. I have 6 kennels and dabble in many breeds. Those are the ones I have that I think checks off all your boxes.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 9:12:22 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Welp I have:
Borzois, Irish wolfhounds, Australian terrier, Jack Russell’s, smooth fox terrier, amstaffs, skye terriers, wire Fox terriers, Rhodesian ridgebacks, Scottish terriers, rat terriers and Mudis (and quite honestly I may be forgetting a breed or two) in my family accounts and I am always happy to help someone new get started. Always put all my dogs up for stud (if someone is not just ask it’s not that I am not putting them up it’s that I forgot). If any of those breeds peak your interest PM me, I would be happy to get you started and depending on the breed I may have a nice breed ready female I would be willing to part with.
Good luck in finding your new breed!
 Cosmonauts Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 2:19:38 PM reply with quote send message to Cosmonauts Terriers Object to Post

posted by DetroitKennel
Welp I have:
Borzois, Irish wolfhounds, Australian terrier, Jack Russell’s, smooth fox terrier, amstaffs, skye terriers, wire Fox terriers, Rhodesian ridgebacks, Scottish terriers, rat terriers and Mudis (and quite honestly I may be forgetting a breed or two) in my family accounts and I am always happy to help someone new get started. Always put all my dogs up for stud (if someone is not just ask it’s not that I am not putting them up it’s that I forgot). If any of those breeds peak your interest PM me, I would be happy to get you started and depending on the breed I may have a nice breed ready female I would be willing to part with.
Good luck in finding your new breed!

Just wanted to say that Detroit is awesome in whatever breed they are in! laugh :D
 TR Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 3:33:52 PM reply with quote send message to TR Kennels Object to Post

Hmm, I have way too many breeds always intend to put my stud dogs up and do a decent job of it. Sell excess pups (rarely keep more than one a litter and put any other useful ones up for sale for 2 to 3 days)

I have Airdale, American Cocker, Alaskan Malamute, Beauceron, Bearded Collie, Border Terrier, Cane Corso, Cavalier King, Collie, English Cocker, English Setter, German Spitz, Harrier, Irish Wolfhound, Jack Russell, Newfoundland, Pembrooke Water Dog, Pembrooke Welsh Corgi, Pharoah Hound, Pointer, Puli, Pumi, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saluki, Shelties, Siberian Husky, Spinnone Italiano, Thai Ridgeback, and Tibetian Terrier.

If interested or have questions about a breed drop me a line.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 6:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Thanks cosmonauts! Appreciate the sentiment I always love helping people start out in a breed. And I enjoy showing against your Jack Russell’s, always give me a run for my money.
TR is also great with Rhodesians (and I’m sure with all their other breeds) if any of them catch your eye.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 8:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Ok, I'll join in - I have:

Americam and English Cockers, Weimaramers, Pointers, Labradors, 1 WireHaired Pointing Griffon

Greyhounds, Saluki, Pharaoh Hound, Harrier, Dachshund (Smooth, some Long and colours other than choco-tan), Basenji,

Wesh Terrier, Airedale, Fox Terrier (Smooth $ Wire)

Bearded Collie,

Boston Terrier

They are scattered around in various accounts.

If any interest you, let me know.

Most are in some sort of project - some are colour projects, some just a general breed rescue - so the SOPs may be lowish.

All studs are available, no approval, most at $25.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2022 10:59:36 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Guess I will put in my 2 cents worth as well happy :)

Samoyeds - only 2 of us in the breed, Studs are always available, I put pups up for sale, and would be happy to lease/rent broodies out as well.

WireHaired Pointing Griffons - Studs are always available, I put pups up for sale, and would be happy to lease/rent broodies out as well.

Bearded Collies - Studs are always available, I put pups up for sale, and would be happy to lease/rent broodies out as well. In this breed I have project going to bring back the solid colours.

Norwegian Buhunds - I am the only serious breeder in this breed, Studs are always available, I put pups up for sale, and would be happy to lease/rent broodies out as well.

These are in different kennels. If any should interest you - let me know.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 6/29/2022 4:17:12 AM
 All Eternity
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2022 11:35:48 AM reply with quote send message to All Eternity Object to Post

If you do join us in Corsos I would also be happy to help.
 Race Point
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2022 12:50:08 PM reply with quote send message to Race Point Object to Post

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers!

I can sell you a few dogs to get started if you would like
 Irish Freedom Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2022 5:28:22 PM reply with quote send message to Irish Freedom Kennels Object to Post

Wow! Such a wide variety of breeds and all breeds I like a lot. I will probably play in them all at some point. A few such as Siberians, Cane Corsi and Borzois I am already in. I will not have the time to set anything up until the weekend and I will be contacting those with the breeds I want to do first at that time. Thanks to everyone for the ideas! happy :)

—saoirse
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2022 5:31:33 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I highly recommend just purchasing a pup in a breed and show it. You will quickly find out if a breed is the right fit for you. Usually, a nice male is easier to find since breeders can't keep them all, but I prefer picking a female since I can breed her later if I like the breed.

Will

Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2022 1:06:27 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Chow Chows have almost no smooth coats anywhere anymore, & most dogs are either black or red. Blue, Cream & Cinnamon are hard to come by anymore.
I'll admit I played a part in that as my best Chow (in RL) was a rough coat black, & I've tried to breed for those only.
There's only a few active kennels as well.
 Totally Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 3:55:10 PM reply with quote send message to Totally Terriers Object to Post

K

I'll add my 4 paws worth happy :)

I have Labradors, Shelties, Pugs Brussels Griffon Toy Poodles Skye Terrier Glen of Emeal, Dandie Dinmont terrier American and English Cockers, Alaskan Malamutes Australian Kelpies Bichon Frise just to name a few among alot of kennels.

Some of the breeds it's just me or there is only 1 or 2 other breeders as well.
 bsgk3
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/11/2022 11:11:34 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk3 Object to Post

You can darn near pick almost any breed now and it needs help and/or only has a few actively in the breed. As I work my way through the breeds for the 188 home-bred-champ in every breed quest, it is harder to find available dogs. I've saved some dogs before the former breeders left the game, and try to hand off the greater SOPs with a note to the forum if the breed is waning. If I've had to start over at source, I finish, FH, and move on to another breed.

Once I finish the quest, I will circle back around and pick one or two breeds to help rebuild. I want to thank so many of those that posted, as they have helped me in the quest along the way. So far, I've finished 149 out of 188 breeds, and have made many new friends to work with. The SD community is awesome!
Mary
bsgkid/bsgkiddie/bsgk3/bsgk4/bsgk5
 Breezy Oak
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2022 3:25:58 PM reply with quote send message to Breezy Oak Object to Post

I'd love to see someone else in Wirehaired pointing griffons. It's only Auswolf and I right now. And they are a great help as well and started me off kin the breed.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2022 5:39:36 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

German Shorthaired Pointers are in need! It’s just myself and one other player. When I came back to the game a month ago, this breed was completely dead with only starter dogs and one hidden stud available. Another player was able to get one bitch from a basic kennel and I was able to get them to breed the bitch and got several of her pups. So, it is definitely a project to take this one high SOP breeding (it looks like they were in the 99s for SOP prior to breeders leaving the game) and the starter dogs together for genetic diversity. I’d love more help to get this breed going again at a bit faster pace!
 VomWisc
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/24/2022 7:29:08 AM reply with quote send message to VomWisc Object to Post

posted by Amoroso
German Shorthaired Pointers are in need! It’s just myself and one other player. When I came back to the game a month ago, this breed was completely dead with only starter dogs and one hidden stud available. Another player was able to get one bitch from a basic kennel and I was able to get them to breed the bitch and got several of her pups. So, it is definitely a project to take this one high SOP breeding (it looks like they were in the 99s for SOP prior to breeders leaving the game) and the starter dogs together for genetic diversity. I’d love more help to get this breed going again at a bit faster pace!
Hey! I show GSPs in real life and would be happy to help get the breed back up and going. I had them several years ago and was active in the breed here on SD but got out of them to work on other breeds as well! Let me know if you end up having pups for sale, or if everyone in the breed is currently sourcing!

Replies in this thread : 19

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.