Search

.com Forum · Dachshund

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Dachshund breeders/exhibitors poll
 Canmore 5
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/2/2022 12:40:00 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore 5 Object to Post   

In real life the coat types are shown as if different breeds (at least this was so last time I watched Dachshunds). In fact on occasion there could be 6 of them in for group because there are two sizes recognized too.

Anyway, in the game the wires and longs are doing fairly well and evenly but the smooths have been neglected. I've been working on them but would like to set up some specialties for them - so they cane be truly assessed on an even playing field. However I need everyone's cooperation to male this really work.
Dachshund breeders/exhibitors poll
No, I'll enter any and all 16.67%
I'll try 25.00%
Absolutely! 58.33%
7 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Armament
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 2:38:01 PM reply with quote send message to Armament Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Armament on 8/9/2022 10:46:55 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 9:12:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Sorry, let me clarify.

What I was planning to do was create 3 specialties at a time - one for wires, one for long and one for smooths.

Since the game only allows one specialty per day per breed, they would have to be on different days - Monday a show for wires, Tuesday for long, Wednesday for smooth for example.

I just wanted to know if folks would cooperate with this idea since there is no way to accommodate this within the current game structure and I don't think we can expect any programming changes to do so. There is nothing to stop someone from entering am excellent wire in all three and eliminate any possibility of a smooth winning anything. The aim is mostly to help the smooths as the long and wire are both fairly close anyway and the smooths had all but disappeared when I started working with them. By doing three shows and naming them appropriately I thought this might work.

I hope this explains the intention. It was conceived in the same spirit of cooperation as when we encourage folks to put their nice boys at stud and offer their extra pups for sale - help thy neighbour when you can.
 Wyredogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2022 8:03:53 AM reply with quote send message to Wyredogs Object to Post

I am on board.
I breed and show Standard wires IRL so, it’s the way I have done it for over 15 years….IRL.

Cheers.
 Canmore 5
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2022 4:53:52 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore 5 Object to Post

Results as of this moment:

Dachshund breeders/exhibitors poll
No, I'll enter any and all 16.67%
Absolutely! 83.33%
I'll try 0.00%
4 Total Votes

Ok, I'll give it a go and see how it works out.
 Canmore 5
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2022 5:04:45 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore 5 Object to Post

Dachshund Specialty Series

Dachshund WH August2022 Gregg Merrill 8/10/2022

Dachshund LH August2022 Diane Garrett 8/11/2022

Dachshund SH August2022 Colin Lacy 8/12/2022

Good luck all!
 Canmore 5
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2022 3:53:38 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore 5 Object to Post

I gotta get my smooth pups named and entered!

There are a few other smooths out there I'm sure - lets see them too.

(I think I have a bit of trimming/relocationg to do too.)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2022 3:06:06 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

This is a great idea! I also show standard smooths (SH) and wires (WH) IRL, and have played this game on and off since 2008 (2012 with this account). I'll admit, I was surprised when I came back after a hiatus and saw how well longs (LH) were doing in the show ring, when wires have dominated for a long time! I remember having a long and smooth project just as recently as 2020. The smooths definitely still need work, so this is a great idea for an even playing field. I didn't see this post at first and had mistakenly entered one dog so far in all three, but just withdrew and will enter accordingly happy :) I guess I need to session the few smooths I have now!

Em
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2022 3:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

posted by Armament

I mean, if you can get everyone on board, go ahead but no one should feel pressured to agree, but there's a likelihood of some people not seeing this, not agreeing, putting a wire in, etc.

To go off of my previous post, this is a great point and I'm glad I checked the forum before these shows ran. I didn't pay attention to the name and was just excited to see more specialties added, so entered dogs incorrectly. I would suggest sending a friendly message to the dachshund breeders that haven't yet responded here to get their input happy :)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/18/2022 2:33:20 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I added another SH specialty for August 29, based on this idea! Go and enter those smoothies ??
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/19/2022 5:40:11 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thanks for that. I see who I have where and see who I can enter.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.