Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Breed pictures
 Waggs1
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/26/2022 11:03:04 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post   

This might have already been discussed but I don’t know about everyone else but I would love to have the rest of the breed pictures. I know Jeff is not going to add them but I was wondering if it could be possible to add the links somewhere so that people could add them to their dogs manually if they so wished. At the very least it would be nice to see them.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2022 11:55:56 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I agree - it makes me sad especially since I spoke to Picardy many years ago and the Toy Poodle pictures do exist.

I really don't see why they can't be added but if it's too complicated or time consuming, I'd update the images myself, as you said.
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2022 1:38:58 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

I’ve sent a message to Jeff to ask so we will see.
 Badlands Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2022 10:28:51 PM reply with quote send message to Badlands Kennels Object to Post

I'm glad you brought this up as I've been wondering myself for a long time, I feel like most breeds already have them
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/14/2022 3:38:15 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Waggs1
I’ve sent a message to Jeff to ask so we will see.
Any response?
 Waggs Rare Breeds
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/15/2022 2:03:02 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs Rare Breeds Object to Post

Nope.
 Badlands Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2023 11:16:04 AM reply with quote send message to Badlands Kennels Object to Post

I assume still no response?
 AG Qarat
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2023 2:09:39 AM reply with quote send message to AG Qarat Object to Post

Why not message the user directly who drew them. Unless they are under some sort of contract, which I kind of doubt, they would be able to upload and give you the links unless they don't want to for whatever reason.
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2023 12:54:34 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Just an update on this I have never had a response from Jeff. As for Picardy I did reach out but they said that due to being paid for their services they were unwilling to place the pictures into the public domain. They did also say that the pictures were never finished due to a change in their circumstances
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2023 3:00:40 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

How can you tell if a pic is public domain?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2023 3:13:06 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Waggs1
Just an update on this I have never had a response from Jeff. As for Picardy I did reach out but they said that due to being paid for their services they were unwilling to place the pictures into the public domain. They did also say that the pictures were never finished due to a change in their circumstances
Thanks for posting this. Osodoro is posting some great work which I am thankful for, but it's too bad we'll never have Picardy's full set of images.
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2023 10:15:14 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

posted by Waggs1
I don't understand this? Paid by whom? showdog? if the game paid for the pictures, then the game owns them.
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2023 12:12:19 AM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

posted by Kimoko
posted by Waggs1
I don't understand this? Paid by whom? showdog? if the game paid for the pictures, then the game owns them.

The game does not own them. It would be the person who owns the game and also paid for the rights to the pictures that owns the right to distribute them. Legally speaking that does not give people who play the game the right to use/distribute them without consent of the owner. Therefore it would be out of Picardys hands and up to Jeff to upload them for showdogs. At least based on my limited legal knowledge.
Regardless Picardy did an amazing job with the art they contributed! Some of the breeds that do not have Picardy photos do have amazing options from other independent artists, which are also beautiful!
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2023 9:38:31 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Above is my understanding of the situation. This is the message I received from Picardy,

I would love to make them available, although I have not finished all the breeds... I think there are only a couple of breeds finished that Jeff never uploaded to the game... and I stopped working on them after a while, when he didn't upload them. At the time (3+ years ago now, oh my!) I was a university student and had quite a bit of spare time to make them. I work full time now and have real dogs which really limits my computer time!

My main concern with making the finished pics available is that Jeff paid me to make them and I don't feel comfortable making them publicly available through a different website host. I guess I will try to get in contact with him, which I haven't done in a long time... I've gone through a couple computer changes since I last worked on the pics... I'll have to dig up my hard drive backups to find them! Hahaha

Replies in this thread : 13

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.