Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Session question
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/8/2022 8:45:55 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

When you session a dog to full, do you have to keep sessioning them to maintain the condition level, or does it stay at 10 for a while? Not sure if I should be sessioning all 10s every single day or not.
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2022 9:22:29 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

As long as you have them on a good food, they will stay at 20. I place most my dogs on pet house for show dogs or super duper adult after they hit all 20s and they stay there.
Edited to add: if you put them on any of the top dog for condition/coat etc they WILL drop in any category that’s not specifically that top dog. So pet house show or super duper adult is the way to go if you want to keep stable 20’s.

-----
Last edited by CzarinaKennels on 11/8/2022 9:24:35 AM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2022 9:57:13 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Once my Show dogs are 19,20,20,20 at 13-14 days old, I switch them all to PH for Adults.
I will leave on the Obedience session.

Sometimes, just to make me feel better, I will do full sessioning on my show dog because I think it gives them a better chance in the show.

I don’t know if this is true but it makes me feel good. laugh :D

Carol
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/14/2022 9:10:34 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Thank you for the advice everyone!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.