Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Extinct breeds? Projects?
 SLK Whippets
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/26/2022 10:55:46 AM reply with quote send message to SLK Whippets Object to Post   

What are some breeds that need a total revival? I have two family accounts that need a project.. if you have something let me know. Reviving a color or trait. I have played this game for way too long, and came back to no dogs in my kennels. I have campaigned specials to top dog in competitive breeds (Borzoi) and also love reviving lost traits.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2022 9:20:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome back!

If you check the Information/Breeds (on the left side right ar the bottom there is a link to "Breeds".

The ones at the bottom are the least supported breeds in the game - the last two are showing no users actively involved. There are several others showing one or two players. Perhaps you can find something of interest this way.

Good luck.
 Skylinewhippets
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2022 11:49:13 PM reply with quote send message to Skylinewhippets Object to Post

Thank you!
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2023 8:08:03 AM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

That's awesome. When I came back to the game after almost 15 years, I looked at the very bottom of the breed list, and in different kennel accounts I'm happy to say, their popularity is rising up the ladder in 6 different breeds.

Most lines having to begin with Source dogs.

Good luck.
 bsgk3
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 2:30:07 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk3 Object to Post

I've been trying to finish a home-bred-champ-in-every-breed quest. Along the way, I've come across so many breeds where it was hard to find hidden studs because of that particular breed waning in popularity. It's fun to jump in an keep those breeds ongoing. Good luck on your new projects!
 Skyline EMD
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2023 10:22:43 AM reply with quote send message to Skyline EMD Object to Post

Thank you! It was easier to find hidden studs when they didn’t pass away.. I really would like a showable SOP Whippet, as that is the breed I show in real like.
 FlyingHigh Champions
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2023 10:53:53 PM reply with quote send message to FlyingHigh Champions Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I just picked up a Vizsla bitch and found a stud - both 98-99 SOP - anyone interested in a pup in a week or so?

There appears to be only one "active" kennel with one dog . . .

Just picked up another male that appears compatible with first girl (1/2 sibs) - he's at stud now (makes 3 I think).

These dogs are all pretty old!

Here's another stud:
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17834012

And another - just bought and put to stud
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18022285

-----
Last edited by FlyingHigh Champions on 1/21/2023 1:00:53 PM
 Caledonia
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2023 7:43:51 PM reply with quote send message to Caledonia Object to Post

posted by FlyingHigh Champions
I just picked up a Vizsla bitch and found a stud - both 98-99 SOP - anyone interested in a pup in a week or so?

There appears to be only one "active" kennel with one dog . . .

Just picked up another male that appears compatible with first girl (1/2 sibs) - he's at stud now (makes 3 I think).

These dogs are all pretty old!

-----
Last edited by FlyingHigh Champions on 1/15/2023 11:19:21 PM

I would be interested in a puppy from that Vizsla bitch you bred.
 FlyingHigh Champions
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2023 10:56:41 PM reply with quote send message to FlyingHigh Champions Object to Post

Thank you!

The litter is due just after midnight on the 21st. Most/all will likely be available - just let me know and you cam have first pick.

I'll breed "Rescue" again as soon as I can, then I'll see . . .
 Tinker Bell Toppers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/20/2023 5:35:05 AM reply with quote send message to Tinker Bell Toppers Object to Post

As far as I know there are only 2 kennels (myself & one other) working with Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen, from source.

Interesting venture!
 Skyline EMD
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2023 1:08:39 AM reply with quote send message to Skyline EMD Object to Post

posted by Tinker Bell Toppers
As far as I know there are only 2 kennels (myself & one other) working with Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen, from source.

Interesting venture!

I will see if I can fit them in one of my family accounts!
 Tinker Bell Toppers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2023 8:41:53 AM reply with quote send message to Tinker Bell Toppers Object to Post

Let me know if you do - always looking for studs!
 SL Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/25/2023 6:33:35 PM reply with quote send message to SL Kennel Object to Post

posted by Tinker Bell Toppers
Let me know if you do - always looking for studs!
Got them!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2023 3:02:53 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Some time ago I started an experiment - it's taken a long time to hit the precise circumstances - timing is everything. I finally have results!

So, here is the answer:
If you breed a very old bitch and she dies while pregnant, if you have listed her for sale with no approval beforehand, you can buy her back and she will have puppies. In my particular example she was just a few hours past her due date and she had a healthy litter of five within a few minutes of resurrection. The official date and time of birth is as it would have been had the process not been suspended.

It took a long time to set up. I have produced several fine litters from geriatric mothers who successfully got through the pregnancies. At approximately 444 days she passed, two days before the due date. I brought her "back" this morning.

For this to work, you must use the "Plaee up for sale" not the "Quick List", which seems to disappear when they die. You must make it "No Approval" too because they go to the "Deceased" account and there is no one there to approve the sale. For those who are working with endangered breeds, this could be used to help future revivalists. Quitting and leaving a rare breed? A thoughtful tactic for those who might want to revive the breed in the future..

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/4/2023 3:17:54 PM
 bsgkid
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2023 1:21:39 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkid Object to Post

Wow, Gayle, thanks for the tip!
Mary

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.