Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Programming Question
 Llanelli
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/30/2023 8:44:49 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post   

Something I've wondered about for a while:

In this scenario, a judge is not political at all and shows no breed bias, sex preference, or cares if the dog is a champion or how often it's shown. They have a breed ring full of fully-sessioned and perfect 100 SOP and 10.0 features with 20.0 show shine, etc. How are results decided? Does the computer pick random dogs?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/30/2023 8:46:51 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

From what I understand about this game, there are yet unseen (or "hidden" ) decimals so a 10.0 can be a 10.03 or 10.01. Some breeds are ostensibly at 100 SOP but genetically, a lot is not visible.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 1/30/2023 8:46:59 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2023 7:16:52 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Exactly. And looking more deeply than SOP . . .

Any individual regular trait appearing as a 10.0 to us, may actually be anything from 9.95 to 10.04.

Since SS never goes over 20.0, that 20.0 might be 19.95 to 19.99 or be a true 20.000

Looking at 9 regular traits plus SS, that leaves a lot of unseen detail for us.

And if it looks further than 2 decimal places the variations are practically endless!

(My math skills may be rusty so if anyone sees a flaw in my logic, please do not hesitate to point it out.)
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
2/1/2023 1:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

There are, I think, 6 decimal places of quality.

In the, we've changed the level of accuracy to better reflect the detail. It's not difficult to do. The problem it requires me to be in a spot where I'm okay with taking the **** I catch from some folks over it even though it's handled the same for every dog. Just not there nowadays.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2023 2:43:57 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Wow, 6 places. That leaves a huge amount of spread, from 9.500000 to 10.499999 (am I right???)
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2023 10:02:40 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

Thanks for the replies!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2023 1:48:44 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thank you Jeff for the input!

Never sure if you monitor our literary ramblings.

Lol.

Would it help if we took a poll and got a consensus on revelling another decimal and promised not to squawk???

Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2023 3:31:06 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

LOL Gaylan! <3 I admit the game is far more difficult now that most of my dogs are 99.70 than it was when they were far lower sop years ago. What none of you has mentioned is that the quality of the DOG is not the only ball on the pool table so to speak. There is game rank and breed prestige and probably a lot more items Jeff will never reveal. Someone recently asked about very political judges who (maybe 10 years ago) like a certain handler who was ranked #1 in 2013 but that handler is no longer #1 so did that judge like that handler by his or her name or by his or her rank. Boy it made me think and explained how someone beat me with a handler I did not think they should. Every time I think I have this game figured out, I discover than I do not. ;-D

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.