Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Not able to sponsor All Breed shows after March 20
 CarrieCurl
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/3/2023 5:07:46 PM reply with quote send message to CarrieCurl Object to Post   

Is this possibly a glitch?
I don’t remember not being able to sponsor a show more than 17 days in the future.
Just wondering.
 FoxFireKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2023 6:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to FoxFireKennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Only a certain number of Allbreed shows are allowed per day (I think 6?)so once they are all filled, that date disappears. And you can only go a certain number of days ahead but I cannot remember the exact number.

-----
Last edited by FoxFireKennel on 3/3/2023 6:33:28 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2023 8:51:21 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep they have all been taken. You can sponsor breed specializes though. I expect there will be a free new show dates available in a day or so.
 Wyvern
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2023 4:45:46 PM reply with quote send message to Wyvern Object to Post

Specialties are unavailable to sponsor after the 20th. There are normally dates available farther out than that, and this is not normal.
 FoxFireKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2023 6:20:31 PM reply with quote send message to FoxFireKennel Object to Post

Heh your right! Has anyone dropped a message to Jeff yet. Probably some sort of glitch.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2023 7:09:50 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yeah, they usually do go at least a month or two ahead it seems. I was thinking that they had just not been reset.

I just sent a message to Admin.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 3/4/2023 7:16:37 PM
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
3/5/2023 7:37:14 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

It's because the potential show dates are all in a database table. I've added dates to them twice.

Once back in 2003, when I started tinkering around with a dog expansion to that show cattle game I was doing.

The second was in 2013, when that ten years of dates ran out.

I'm on the road until Monday night but will populate the dates again on Tuesday.
 FoxFireKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/5/2023 8:03:01 AM reply with quote send message to FoxFireKennel Object to Post

Okay thanks so much!
 Thomas’
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2023 7:41:42 PM reply with quote send message to Thomas’ Object to Post

Wow! So we're good for another 10 years? See you all back here for the same issue in 2033.

Kidding...I think. I was actually here in 2003, but my memory gets shoddier the older I get. I feel 2009 to 2022 was an impossible amount of time to miss on this game, but then I hear something like the planning that goes into show dates and I'm impressed all over again.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2023 10:36:34 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

The list is populated again. Thanks, Jeff!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.